Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day Clash

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

With the game not too far away, Roger the Ram and Battler the Bulldog got together over the weekend:

http://t.co/r7hTEEk4zq

We might never find out who won that - But what are your predictions for the Boxing Day Derby?

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

Think we will have a more settled team on Boxing Day,I'going for Rams 26 - Dogs 16,attendance 2345.

Edited by andyram, 18 December 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#3 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I reckon wel beat them. We should be a lot more settled than batley who's squad is largely a new one. I also reckon 2800 crowd. Be awesome if we could too the 3,000 mark again. Last 2 Boxing Day crowds at rams have been 2,800 and 3,000 if I'm not mistaken. Always a much bigger crowd. Last time we played them
Boxing Day at ours the stand were both chocker.

#4 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

well if feedback from my lads training is owt to go by."we have some big lads" :bb: plus were well skilled and drilled. should be first pot a the season for tranquilizers list.

so i will go with a dogs win 28  - 12

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Boxing Day clashes have proved impossible to predict in recent years and generally have no bearing upon the outcome for the real season.

I predict a more competitive game than in recent years providing some much welcomed live RL for a large appreciative crowd before their turkey butties and mince pie teas.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

As the Dogs will have several of their squad unavailable owing to recently having surgery, I would anticipate a Rams victory.

But stranger things do happen

#7 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

i don't know who will win, in fact I don't even expect to recognise most of those who are playing. Even so it will be good to have a match to watch and even better for us to top the seasonal festivities with a win over our neighbours.

The video is brilliant. Very funny. Well done to everybody concerned.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I hope dewsbury play better than Roger can dance! I think he needs to sign-up with your cheerleaders in 2014.

I predict a BIG win for the dogs and Coolie to streak down the new stand in a vain attempt to scare away the 1600 Bulldog supporters at half time.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

1600 Batley fans

You must believe a little chubby bloke comes once a year in your house and empties his sack into your goody bag ;)

Now there's a image lol

Last time there was 1600 Batley fans at a match
Wilson & storey had collided and both players did a head count suffering from double vision ;)

I'm surprised Pinocchio your nose and 3 foot long Mate

:) have a good one mate :)

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Far too many new faces on show for it to be a classic, think it will be a tight one that could go either way.

As long as it doesnt rain should be a pleasant afternoon bar the surroundings.

Whats the admission price for the game?

Edited by buford t justice, 18 December 2013 - 11:13 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Attendance a sell out all the new Dogs glory fans will be there.An extra bonus is the tutorial offered by the Rams on how to win a grand final.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Far too many new faces on show for it to be a classic, think it will be a tight one that could go either way.

As long as it doesnt rain should be a pleasant afternoon bar the surroundings.

Whats the admission price for the game?

Regular Championship prices I believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Attendance a sell out all the new Dogs glory fans will be there.An extra bonus is the tutorial offered by the Rams on how to win a grand final.

:shout: Only a couple of jammy wins saved you from being relegated Tranqulizer and we certainly don't need any lessons on how to win somthing from a bunch of losers that would be silly! :pickeat:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

:shout: Only a couple of jammy wins saved you from being relegated Tranqulizer and we certainly don't need any lessons on how to win somthing from a bunch of losers that would be silly! :pickeat:

Is this you late bid for wittiest post of the year PM?

Don't hold your breath if it is.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ :curtsey:

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

your tutorial in winning one was good practice for doing it again. will you have to drop down to cham 1 again to do so. or are we all saved from that happening again with the restructures for 2015.

#17 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

I hope you'll be going on a diet after boxing day PM - you'll need it after eating all that humble pie - which you will - particularly if Greg Inglis gets his visa sorted out in time. ;)

#18 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

And which trophy in the last 80 years does that relate to.Mind you the bridesmaid dresses look very nice.

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:24 PM

And which trophy in the last 80 years does that relate to.Mind you the bridesmaid dresses look very nice.

At least we got an invite to the wedding Tranqualizer :onthequiet:

#20 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ 

your tutorial in winning one was good practice for doing it again. will you have to drop down to cham 1 again to do so. or are we all saved from that happening again with the restructures for 2015.

We still got better crowds in a lower league.Serious i hope some of your part timers turn up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users