Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day Clash

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I could never compete with the clowns on the Rams forum BSJ 

your tutorial in winning one was good practice for doing it again. will you have to drop down to cham 1 again to do so. or are we all saved from that happening again with the restructures for 2015.

We still got better crowds in a lower league.Serious i hope some of your part timers turn up.

of coarse you got better crowds in champ 1, you were back to winning games on the trot from a 9 game losing streak season before. i did say at the time on your forum i would buy a dews shirt if you stayed up in your last few games, your right about our crowds thou as we had 820 for first game against leigh  in 2011 as champions and doubt anything will change anytime soon fella. you only have to look at the eagles and lack of support they have with a top team and some good rugby played too from them to see how bad things are,merry crimbo.

#22 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Rams 24 - Batley 10 

#23 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Dogs 28 rams 18

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#24 Chris_T

Chris_T
  • Coach
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Looking forward to boxing day and I think Batley will nick it. I also think you Rams should stop resorting to criticise our attendance as both clubs are equally as poor as each other, we both get an average attendance of 1.6% of our population turning up(Batleys is actually a fraction of 1 person better than Dews) its not good. Hopefully if Cas, Wakey n Bulls come a cropper with the new structure they will bring good support and make our league more attractive to the stayaways.

#25 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Looking forward to boxing day and I think Batley will nick it. I also think you Rams should stop resorting to criticise our attendance as both clubs are equally as poor as each other, we both get an average attendance of 1.6% of our population turning up(Batleys is actually a fraction of 1 person better than Dews) its not good. Hopefully if Cas, Wakey n Bulls come a cropper with the new structure they will bring good support and make our league more attractive to the stayaways.

Quite right when your gates average more than us. We promise not to laugh at yours.By the way please dont wish ill fortune on our feeder team.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 21 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#26 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Don't think many of the championship clubs have much to crow about when it comes to attendances chris t, including us. Would say though, that it comes as little surprise that Dewsbury's have fallen, given that we have been perennial relegation fodder since our all conquering stint in ch1 - and before anybody reminds me we finished in the top eight in 2013, I seem to remember that with a handful of games to go we were still in the relegation shake up. The more worrying thing for the dogs faithful, however, is that despite having had very talented, exciting and successful sides since KH and then JS took the reigns, their support base hasn't improved one jot (except possibly on HW derby days). If GM turns out to be our new messiah, I would expect us to regain some of our former support, but in the current financial climate, even that isn't a given. The bottom line is that the Rams could probably improve the support base by providing an exciting, winning team, but the Dogs already have that, so I just don't know what more the club can do to put bums on seats, and that IS sad.

#27 Chris_T

Chris_T
  • Coach
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Closing Tescos and the Pubs on a Sunday afternoon would be the best bet!

#28 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Quite right when your gates average more than us. We promise not to laugh at yours.By the way please dont wish ill fortune on our feeder team.

I suppose that's fair Tranqulizer. You get to laugh at our crowd averages and we get to laugh at your team.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#29 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Trying to predict this one is a complete waste of time.

#30 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Couldn't agree more. I used to really get excited in the hope that we would win. Now I enjoy it for the opportunity to see the new players get a run out and for the chance to get  a bit of rugby in. The result has absolutely no influence on the coming season.

#31 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Back to the original plot.

I am hoping for a really competitive game and going for a home win for Thursday's clash.
Dewsbury 20-16 Batley.
Att: 2268
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#32 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

I suppose that's fair Tranqulizer. You get to laugh at our crowd averages and we get to laugh at your team.

He who laughs last my little pigglet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users