Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Finn and Bryan released.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 487 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Just seen news on Rovers web-site sorry can't post link from my phone,good luck to both players for the future.

Edited by pont rover, 18 December 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

Gareth Moore your new number 1 scrum half then.

Oh dear.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

Gareth Moore your new number 1 scrum half then.

Oh dear.

The post office road pitch will suffer loads of water logged games this season, due in part to a certain players high level of tears and spitting out of dummies

Your super league campaign is well and truly over fellas

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

This has been on the cards since Bastion came in. Let's hope Moore nuckles down and doesn't throw the teddy out like he has at other clubs or think he's better than the rest
Next season will be interesting its a shame a quality player is no longer wanted at Fev. There's no doubt he will be playing again next season possibly Wakey if there new scrum half doesn't arrive but where ever he ends up I wish him well he's been great for us and played like a true pro lets hope he doesn't come back and bite us on the backside if he plays against us

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Moore will be fine for you guys. He has talent and if Bastian can get him mentally sorted your team will be no weaker.
Any specific reasons for the release of Finn and Bryant or is it they just do not fit in with the coach's plans?

#6 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Coach doesn't want him he was offered to Fax but Finn wanted to stay at Fev. As I say think he may be Wakey bound but if not will be interesting to see if Harrison asks him again

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

We knew departures were inevitably coming

End of the DP era - welcome to the JB era

4 great seasons yet strangely not many tears shed for departure of finn judging on facebook group - cant say last season was his best for club but second spell has been more than quality and a world record to boot

Thanks for the memories liam

#8 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

Moore is not a patch on Finn bad mistake by your coach there

#9 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Just seen it on Facebook, here is the link to website http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12586

This doesn't look like a wise move to me. Finn has a technical mind for the game beyond anyone in the division, plus is a 7 who can defend in the middle. Could see him causing us trouble for Fax.

#10 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Johnny Hepworth retiring too
Im Fev and im proud

#11 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

To think that Mr March made comments about Finn in August and Featherstone Rovers announced that Liam Finn will be staying at Fev for 2014 Looks like what he said then has come true he just may of got his next club wrong

#12 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,199 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

To think that Mr March made comments about Finn in August and Featherstone Rovers announced that Liam Finn will be staying at Fev for 2014 Looks like what he said then has come true he just may of got his next club wrong

Wasn't true at the time
Im Fev and im proud

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

He won't be going to Halifax. There'll be some sort of proviso that he can go anywhere but there. The idea of Mark Campbell handing over one his best players to his biggest rival is totally implausible.

Edited by TheTerminator, 18 December 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

#14 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

He cannot of thought he was one of the best players as he wouldn't of let him go

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

He cannot of thought he was one of the best players as he wouldn't of let him go

Finn's record speaks for itself. He's still probably the best in the division. I'd say that Bastian has earmarked him for the chop as he wants to put his stamp on the team, and Campbell's had no choice but to back him. Its also probable that you've had to get a few higher earners off your books, given the cost of what is currently a fairly enormous squad. I'd say that his departure is 0% to do with Campbell being of the opinion he's past it.

Edited by TheTerminator, 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image

#16 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

He won't be going to Halifax. There'll be some sort of proviso that he can go anywhere but there. The idea of Mark Campbell handing over one his best players to his biggest rival is totally implausible.

Doubt that somehow. Finn is a free agent and can please himself.

#17 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

moore in and finn out is madness. no were near the same skill level,cant read the plays like finn does, wont rip teams to bits like finn does,and to be fair decent player he is he simply is not beefy enough and spends far too much time doing his hair than getting stuck in, once he gets put on his rear time after time when your ready for a ball off him to score the fev fans will see for themselves what he lacks in his game. bucket a dummies on the ready for the little fella too for sure.

#18 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

I want to speak, but I can't. There's been some good times over the last 4 years, some near misses too , enjoy the future guys. I knew this coming. Let's see. Liam Finn couldn't last forever but 2015 is not forever.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 19 December 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#19 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

We will have to see next year regarding moore - appears already written off before a ball kicked bastian may have worked a bit of magic in the off season with him

Edited by elppaxr2i, 19 December 2013 - 12:11 AM.

#20 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

This could disrupt our whoever is at 6 severely, as I worry part of this may be down to the less attractive, more simple style of play Liam had, but it was that controlling of the game that allowed the likes of Kain and Briggs freedom. Will they have that luxury with Moore?

Another thing often overlooked in his reading of the game was the amount breaks halted by Finn tracking back, despite a lack of pace. Constantly three steps ahead. We may miss that.