Finn and Bryan released.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

The post office road pitch will suffer loads of water logged games this season, due in part to a certain players high level of tears and spitting out of dummies

Your super league campaign is well and truly over fellas

Please enlighten !

(I am a Leigh fan)

#22 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Please enlighten !
(I am a Leigh fan)

Des Drummond and John Woods have come out of retirement, to be our blind and open side props fir next year.

Basically in all honesty, we have lost our Skipper and play maker over the last four shield years for somebody who loves to go to the barber's for a wedge.

#23 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

This could disrupt our whoever is at 6 severely, as I worry part of this may be down to the less attractive, more simple style of play Liam had, but it was that controlling of the game that allowed the likes of Kain and Briggs freedom. Will they have that luxury with Moore?

If kain doesnt buck ideas up he will be next out of door

Had a disciplinary this week by all accounts

#24 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

What the F is going on?  Have we gone mad ? Finny gone  Cain the next,  Mr B bringing all his own mates in. was looking forward to New years day match, not even going to bother now ( ok I will turn up, but not happy ). too many changes too soon.

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Got to let the coach do his job tim... he stands or falls by his managent decisions.
If a players breeches club rules, then the disciplinary comes into play. I can't criticise that aspect of the club. How hobbsy would have loved a squad the size of this where he could realistically use a similar process.
Players move on. The club has to adjust. I'll make my judgement on the rights n wrongs later when we've had a few games.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#26 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I wish finny well but i think the time is right for a change........i'll reserve judgement on the new players til i see them in a rovers jersey.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#27 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

i'm excited by it all. it could be another peter fox era, or a massive flop. hold on to your hats. (i'm with you JB)

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#28 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Finn is 30 and Moore isn't. We are building a team for the future not the next 2 seasons, and we need a full time scrum half. Liam was never going to go full time, thought he may of been kept for cover but that would probably been a luxury too far.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#29 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

Finn signed for Cas

#30 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

Wasn't true at the time

It were and talks were at an advanced stage.

Finn signed for Cas

Done deal by all accounts.

#31 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Confirmed Liam has joined the Tiggers !

http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=3904

#32 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

A strange move by Cas - theyve signed Sneyd, Dorn and Seymour as well as having Ellis on their books for the halves

Fair play to Finny for grabbing at this opportunity though

#33 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

So it looks more like he's been given an opportunity and we've let him go as opposed to we don't rate him anymore and have got rid.

Good luck to him...as i said before i think we needed a change anyway so lets see what the new guys are made of.

Glad he won't be playing against us........for next season anyway!

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#34 STEVE P

STEVE P
  • Coach
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Finn is 30 and Moore isn't.

The old duffer. Get him put out to grass!!!

I wish....

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

[quote name="tuutaisrambo" post="2854482" timestamp="1387461708"]

So it looks more like he's been given an opportunity and we've let him go as opposed to we don't rate him anymore and have got rid.

Are you trying to convince yourself he wasn't wanted at Fev anymore. Good luck to him hope he does well in S/L. If the new #### half improves the team and is better than Finn then it's the right move if not then Fev have made a mistake time will tell

#36 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

To be fair to Gareth Moore, all he's lacking from his game is a burst of speed over 10 metres. Apart from that, he's probably as good as there is at this level. I didn't always appreciate his quality during his time at Batley (my judgement was probably clouded by his occasionally poor attitude), however a record of a try every second game and nearly 800 points in three and a bit seasons indicates that he's definitely an asset.

Edited by TheTerminator, 19 December 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#37 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

The old duffer. Get him put out to grass!!!

I wish....

And he will be 32 if we get promoted and still part time. He is the slowest scrum half in our league at 30 years old he isn't going to get any faster is he.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#38 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I don't think he was too old. Plenty playing in the SL older than that. It seems that he may have been approached by Cas reading between the lines. I rated him . Slow? Quite a few opposing teams thought that and then out of the blue a quick burst a show of speed and strength and he was over. I think we will miss him. Who made the final decision him or Bastion ? It would be nice to know. Goodbye Liam and Good Luck AND THANKS>

#39 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

looks like heppy also gone the word is tonight

#40 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

looks like heppy also gone the word is tonight

If you read this thread I put it on yesterday, it's true the club as announced today
Im Fev and im proud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users