Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

I've not spoke to any Batley fa nwith any concerns with the way that that JK is using/has used the DR system. I think we've got an exciting blend of young and experienced contracted players. They will be supplemented by some young and upcoming Giants.

#22 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's unbelievable I thought everyone would of backed off with DR with what has happened this last couple of months S/L are only interested in themselves and getting there players ready for themselves the championship teams should stand alone and give there own youth players a chance that's what used to happen especially in friendlies.

If any championship club DR they should agree that if a player comes across they keep him for at least 4 matches before he can return then at least the championship club has him and it would stop S/L clubs sending them for one match which does not benefit both clubs on the S/L one

Anyway have a good day and enjoy the game

#23 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

But is it fair to play them against such wesk opposition? I would have gone for the BISSA commitee j just to make a contest of it ;)

Big well done to the bissa committee on a great win today. Man of match Fred Moland at prop number 16.well done Janet Virr for the bottle duties.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#24 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

10 - nil and a good performance from the dogs

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#25 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

It's unbelievable I thought everyone would of backed off with DR with what has happened this last couple of months S/L are only interested in themselves and getting there players ready for themselves the championship teams should stand alone and give there own youth players a chance that's what used to happen especially in friendlies.

If any championship club DR they should agree that if a player comes across they keep him for at least 4 matches before he can return then at least the championship club has him and it would stop S/L clubs sending them for one match which does not benefit both clubs on the S/L one

Anyway have a good day and enjoy the game

We haven't had a single dual registration player turn up for one game to 'get fit' and then disappear back off to the Giants.

You guys over at Featherstone are very fortunate to have such finance behind you, enabling the club to run a full Academy set up and pay for a squad of around 35 contracted first team players. If we had similar backing, I'm sure we'd do our best to follow suit. In the meantime, we'll do our best to make ends meet.

If we have the opportunity to use four or five quality young players to fill out our squad over the season (we have over 20 contracted players and 2/3 triallists on board, which should shatter the ridiculous myth that we're 'reliant' on Huddersfield ringers), then so be it.

Edited by TheTerminator, 26 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

#26 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Now now PM , stop being contentious! I was pleased with the performance as l thought we were a bit lightweight at the start. All the young lads stood up well and defensively we were sound. Lots of stand outs but Brennan and Leatherbarrow good for me.
Nothing much riding on the game but a pleasing first run out.

Edited by distantdog, 26 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#27 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

10 - nil and a good performance from the dogs

10-4

#28 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Didn't I get slagged off for telling you that you were going with the max dr's this coming season, so glad we Leigh have got rid of this erosion of ones identity and worth. Batley giants does have a ring to it though

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Didn't I get slagged off for telling you that you were going with the max dr's this coming season, so glad we Leigh have got rid of this erosion of ones identity and worth. Batley giants does have a ring to it though

Yes, you 'ditched' it because your club managed to attract investors who have ploughed thousands into building your squad. When you were skint, then dual registration with your so-called biggest rivals was a convenient option for you. Anyhow, when the money men bail out (don't Leigh have a fairly embarrassing record of financial strife?) and you can't afford to pay Sam Barlow's psychotherapist, you'll go running back to the DW asking for a hand.

You're also incorrect about us using the 'max' of dual registration players this season. We have asked to include 5 young Huddersfield players in our squad for 2014, so that when they appear for us they'll be properly integrated. We won't be using all five in our XVII every week - probably two at the most. I'm not sure why you hold the belief that we'll be doing so?

Edited by TheTerminator, 26 December 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

10-4

Sorry BL their try was so far forward dewsbury will have a 4 - 0 start in their next game!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#31 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Batley's first try.... all but two players incl the try scorer were offside at the kick..... forrad paas. Offside..... they happen
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#32 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Batley's first try.... all but two players incl the try scorer were offside at the kick..... forrad paas. Offside..... they happen

Sorry Robin, the try scorer was actually playing full back at the time, as Campbell hadn't come on. He was  one of the 3 behind the kicker, as all the rest WERE offside. So no , the referee was correct.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#33 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Silly sweaty craig, how would you of coped without a major sponsor like o2 this season, only time will tell, like last season you all chelped too early but in the big games you was still beaten on ur own turf by as you all said, smaller or lesser teams, stop chelping and wait till the league gets under way atleast.

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Silly sweaty craig, how would you of coped without a major sponsor like o2 this season, only time will tell, like last season you all chelped too early but in the big games you was still beaten on ur own turf by as you all said, smaller or lesser teams, stop chelping and wait till the league gets under way atleast.

I think we all need sponsors of one sort or another don't we? The days of surviving on gate money alone are long gone I reckon.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Don't fall for the hype SB, Leigh aren't actually sponsored by 02. They're actually sponsored by a guy who owns a few 02 mobile phone shop franchises in the North West. Just a slight difference. Impressive spin from them, though.

Posted Image

#36 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

I agree termi, but like i said we will wait to hear the chelpers chelping like they did last season and end up loosing to the so called lesser teams like they usualy do.

#37 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

The wonderful thing about sport is that you don't know how the games will end, that's why we as fans love the emotions a live experience brings. One of the great experiences RL has to offer is fan banter - but be careful look what is unfolding at Swinton whose soul was ebay'd last season.

All the best for the New Year

#38 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

The wonderful thing about sport is that you don't know how the games will end, that's why we as fans love the emotions a live experience brings. One of the great experiences RL has to offer is fan banter - but be careful look what is unfolding at Swinton whose soul was ebay'd last season.

All the best for the New Year

The situation at Swinton is the absolute polar opposite of the situation at Batley. All the best for the New Year? Get stuffed.

Posted Image

#39 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Sorry Robin, the try scorer was actually playing full back at the time, as Campbell hadn't come on. He was  one of the 3 behind the kicker, as all the rest WERE offside. So no , the referee was correct.

Look at the video on the Rams forum and the scorer was offside.

#40 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Wakefield ram he may have been off side but to be fair in the build up to your try there was 2 blatant forward passes . Also we had a try not given in the first half due to merrick being in the wrong postion as me and everybody in the south stand saw him ground the ball .