TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

yep , toffee , it was Chandler who grounded it

#42 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

We had two try's chalked of by elephant man due to him being in wrong position each time and both was clearly grounded, all in all it was a good run out for both teams after a fairly long lay off so no one can complain realy.

#43 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

WR how could you tell the chaser was offside on the video? You cant see him in the corner of the screen until well after the ball is kicked and he runs in.he could have been well behind the kicker......
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#44 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Look at the video on the Rams forum and the scorer was offside.

You can't see the try scorer on the video when the ball is kicked???
SIGNATURE

#45 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

There's a lot of bickering about duel reg it should be scrapped end of,because there's only one winner & it isn't our clubs no matter what deal you've got in place. To the matter of rams expensively assembled squad,for the first time in a few seasons we've spent up our budget. I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

#46 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

That's part and parcel of running a club. Budgets have to be adhered to and there will be some element of 'juggling' to try and get the best for the team.  It's unfortunate in the one example I can think of.

#47 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

Your right there's too much said about what others are spending and to be honest I'm probably guilty of that at times but only when they criticise us. But I think what both clubs have got is a chairman that have got the club's best interests at heart & will only spend what they can afford

#48 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

You can't see the try scorer on the video when the ball is kicked???

The try scorer set off in front of Bretherton who was offside when the ball was kicked. He was offside.

#49 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

If you look they we're all in front of the kicker but look it's gone now,to be honest I thought batley's kicking game was far superior to ours,but it was a good run out for both teams and I think both coaches can take a lot of positives out of it but still things to work on

#50 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I know quite a few of your ex players who've gone to pastures New & they tell me because we're offered reduced terms just so they could offer more to certain players they wanted to keep,plus I know your coach is on quite a bit

Don't you think JK is worth every penny having got us into the GF?

#51 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

The try scorer set off in front of Bretherton who was offside when the ball was kicked. He was offside.

You can't see him on the video.
SIGNATURE

#52 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Don't you think JK is worth every penny having got us into the GF?

Is there anything unusual about offering more to certain players you want to keep and less to some that you're not so desperate to retain? Maybe we should have offered more to those who we we weren't particularly bothered about re-signing, and offered less to the ones that we really wanted to keep at the club? Ahhh.....maybe not.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users