Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup 2014

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Just noticed the RFL press release about the 2014 Challenge Cup.  Any ideas on the criteria for being invited to Cup nowadays, there seem to be several clubs missing from the list for the NCL ?

#2 Dessie O'Hare

Dessie O'Hare
  • Coach
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Any ideas on the criteria for being invited to Cup nowadays,

There is none. It's an arbitrary invite based on one person"s whim.
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

#3 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

All NCL clubs were invited but they had to let David Lowe know if they wished to enter. I guess some clubs opted not to enter the cup for various reasons

#4 Caspar

Caspar
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

All Ncl clubs were not invited they were chosen my club were not invited and we play In the conferance league sharlston rovers pennine league champs not included why ? there was only room for 44 teams so clubs were chosen. Also teams were not informed that they would not compete this year they just printed teams involved on Ncl web site. It's seams to me the Ncl just make the rules up as they go along with the rfl games going backward if you ask me

#5 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Sorry if I got it wrong but that's how it usually is done. With regards to Sharlston I do agree they should have been included the numbers don't really matter because in the past a preliminary round as been included to get the correct number for round one draw.

Edited by old papa, 25 December 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#6 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

All Ncl clubs were not invited they were chosen my club were not invited and we play In the conferance league sharlston rovers pennine league champs not included why ? there was only room for 44 teams so clubs were chosen. Also teams were not informed that they would not compete this year they just printed teams involved on Ncl web site. It's seams to me the Ncl just make the rules up as they go along with the rfl games going backward if you ask me

Why you think it's going backwards? Genuine Question.

#7 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

By doing tricks like that I suppose , if it's true

#8 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

Why didn't Leigh east enter? Poor showing that

#9 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

How would I know if they entered or not . To be honest there is no money in it anymore and most clubs will lose out if the pro take out what they can do from any match with an amateur club

#10 Caspar

Caspar
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Why you think it's going backwards? Genuine Question.

i think the games going backward because nobody knows what's going on 1st instance promotion and relegation my club finished league fixtures in September but we didn't know wich league we were playing in until December as with challenge cup last year we started in October 2012 for 2013 cup this year we find out who is playing in challenge cup December 2014 via league website no communication from NCL or rfl and nobody from league told us were not in it doesn't go we'll for attracting players for forth coming season (Leigh miner answer your question as well not a poor showing not invited)

#11 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yes an apology please from Leigh miners , east were not invited and had to find that out there's elves

#12 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Yes an apology please from Leigh miners , east were not invited and had to find that out there's elves

There's elves???

#13 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Shame they didn't make it an all comers cup,  they could have had preliminary rounds if needed. There is not one competition that invites all of the fractions of the amateur clubs and that's a shame

#14 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

There's elves???

Well it is Christmas , I agree with the duke by the way

#15 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Another example of the RFL going against their four seasons ethos , but this is the price you pay for jumping in bed with them they do not give a monkeys about the amatuer game , we are just a cash cow to them .

#16 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

When and where is the draw 

#17 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

I hope the draw is very soon - just about one month to the first round of games not much time to sort transport / work etc etc .....

#18 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Especially if you get drawn away in Portsmouth or London, is it a seeded draw 

#19 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Says the draw will take place the week commencing 6th January

Edited by leighminers, 30 December 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#20 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Says the draw will take place the week commencing 6th January

Are east not getting the apology they deserve lm