Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

How to trash your TV career in one easy lesson

Nigella coke vengeance

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Nigella Lawson PAs found not guilty of fraud

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-25466909

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

And yet her new series appears to be scheduled for broadcast. LINK

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

The trial and fate of the PAs just ended up a side show to the obviously vengeful Saatchi. All those years in the advertising business paid off in his orchestration of a smear campaign against his ex wife. And doing it in court meant it would cost him anything. Us, the tax payer on the other hand... 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#4 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

I don't think it's trashed her career - many people think it's actually helped it - http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-25433123

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

I don't think it's trashed her career - many people think it's actually helped it - http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-25433123

Saatchi has come out of this looking like a vengeful, bullying control freak. Can't think why...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Where d'ya think she hides her stash in that larder of hers? My guess is in an old Maldon Sea Salt box!

LUNEW.jpg

#7 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,844 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Celebrities taking drug shocker.  It's not exactly a career killer these days.  Also, there's a lot the public will put up with from certain people, especially if they build up public sympathy.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,128 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Saatchi has come out of this looking like a vengeful, bullying control freak. Can't think why...

Which will probably also do his career no harm either. 

You would almost think the pair of them were in it together. The race is now on to see which of them can release a book first....or appear on Oprah.

28m391z.jpg

#9 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Where d'ya think she hides her stash in that larder of hers? My guess is in an old Maldon Sea Salt box!

She was doing a chocolate log as it were on the food channel the other night
Her eyes lit up when she sprinkled the icing sugar on

I don't think ms lawson is the loser here
She doesn't deserve to be
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#10 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Did anyone come out of this looking good?

Horrible people leading horrible lives.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#11 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hopefully one day my boss will give me a bank card and ask me just to draw my wages out every week.

#12 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

No and I'm not a fan of lawson either
Your description appears about right.

There'll be a book in this for her I'd say
Piers Morgan will get a gig out of it
She'll get lots of open letters and sympathetic media from the ghastly Allison Pearson and her polly filla clones
And then it will be business as usual for a re imagined nigella mark2
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#13 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sounds about right. 

#14 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,844 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hopefully one day my boss will give me a bank card and ask me just to draw my wages out every week.

It happens very regularly in London with the very highly paid people.  I know a few people who just say to their PAs to go out and buy their wives something for their birthday and really couldn't care less about the cost or what else is on the receipt.  I even know one who has his PA reconcile his bank accounts, hold his cards and do all his purchasing for him, that requires one hell of a lot of trust, or naivete, when your PA earns two zeroes less than you.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#15 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

indeed.

Also it wasn't Nigella that was on trial, although this would have been hard to spot reading our illustrious press.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#16 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

The whole thing has received wall-to-wall coverage in the Torygraph. Utterly tedious.

I find it depressing. Not their awful lives, but how many other people give a monkey's about their awful lives.

It will very far from 'trash' her career though.

A Fev Blog

#17 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

If he was a control freak wouldn't he know about the spending?

I'd be asking questions of my accountant why did it take 4 years to raise the issue.

Nothing to see here, both will carry on regardless

#18 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Horrible people having a hard time get, and deserve, sympathy.  The message is the best way to handle a divorce in the public eye is not to bad mouth the other (see also Madonna vs Guy Richie).

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#19 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

No and I'm not a fan of lawson either
Your description appears about right.

There'll be a book in this for her I'd say
Piers Morgan will get a gig out of it
She'll get lots of open letters and sympathetic media from the ghastly Allison Pearson and her polly filla clones
And then it will be business as usual for a re imagined nigella mark2

Now there is one guy I liked to see dragged through the gutter.

#20 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Now there is one guy I liked to see dragged through the gutter.

Do you mean Piers Morgan? If so, he resides there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users