I'm having trouble when posting

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

When I click on the 'Quote' button to insert a quote from a previous post, nothing happens.  I'm sure I've done this in the past and it worked.

Even if I try to copy and paste, it doesn't insert the text.

I've tried to write things in Word (2007) and / or Notepad and use copy/ paste and that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help please?

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

When I click on the 'Quote' button to insert a quote from a previous post, nothing happens.  I'm sure I've done this in the past and it worked.

Even if I try to copy and paste, it doesn't insert the text.

I've tried to write things in Word (2007) and / or Notepad and use copy/ paste and that doesn't work either.

Can anyone help please?

Doesn't work for me, either.

er........

Edited by JohnM, 20 December 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

What browser are you using?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

What browser are you using?

Netscape Navigator on Windows 3.1.

28m391z.jpg

#5 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

Internet Explorer 11

#6 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Click inside the quick reply box at the bottom.  At the very top left there's an icon like a light switch.  Type some random text in the box then try clicking that if it changes to standard plain text then click it again to turn it back to HTML mode, if it switched from plain text to HTML then leave it.  Sometimes just resetting the option makes things better.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#7 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I can't find a 'quick reply' box!  All I can see is 'Post' and 'More Reply Options'. 

#8 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,650 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

It appears to be an issue that's cropped up suddenly following the release of Internet Explorer 11. Thanks Microsoft!! <_<

We'll have to wait now till Invision update their forum program to be compatible with IE11.

It still works fine in the current release of Firefox, if it is enough of a pain to encourage you to switch browsers. Get Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#9 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm sorry to be a pain, but I can't find a 'quick reply' box!  All I can see is 'Post' and 'More Reply Options'. 

When you're viewing a topic you should see a box marked "Reply to this topic" at the bottom.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

It appears to be an issue that's cropped up suddenly following the release of Internet Explorer 11. Thanks Microsoft!! <_<

We'll have to wait now till Invision update their forum program to be compatible with IE11.

It still works fine in the current release of Firefox, if it is enough of a pain to encourage you to switch browsers. Get Firefox here: http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

If Firefox isn't your thing, the free Opera browser works just fine with TRL, and is (IMO) a better browser too.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

If Firefox isn't your thing, the free Opera browser works just fine with TRL, and is (IMO) a better browser too.

I'm using Opera and as you can see, the 'Quote' button is working but I the "reply to this topic" topic is still in the ether.  My thanks to all for your help.

#12 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I can post replies on the here but it won't let me post photos.  I click on the image box, put the code in the box that pops up and click ok, and nothing happens.  I'm using IE 11 for window 7, could this be the problem.  Been like this since around Christmas time.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#13 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,079 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Netscape Navigator on Windows 3.1.

:D

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#14 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

"Quote" works for me on Firefox but not on AOL.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users