Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Suprised this hasnt had a mention.

Is it because its a cyclist?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

If I am running along the pavement and I knock and old lady over, I am at fault as I am bigger and stronger and should have taken more care. The responsibility does not belong to the frail old lady. Cyclists should take care, so should motorists. At the moment, only mildly devil-may-care people are likely to cycle anywhere.

You're quite correct. But if a particular stretch of pavement was notorious for big blokes jogging on it, the old lady might want to be on the lookout for said joggers. Of course in an ideal world she could walk wherever she wants but it isn't sadly.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#22 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

You're quite correct. But if a particular stretch of pavement was notorious for big blokes jogging on it, the old lady might want to be on the lookout for said joggers. Of course in an ideal world she could walk wherever she wants but it isn't sadly.

Indeed! 

One of the issues in this is that the entire road network is "notorious for big blokes jogging on it" and only crazy old ladies are walking about.  Now, what do we do about this big blokes running about?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#23 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Most of the big blokes jogging will be quite reasonable though and also keep an eye out for the old ladies. There will always be one or two who don't give a monkeys though and no amount of legislation will change them.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#24 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Most of the big blokes jogging will be quite reasonable though and also keep an eye out for the old ladies. There will always be one or two who don't give a monkeys though and no amount of legislation will change them.

Fair enough, we will just tell frail old ladies to be more careful.  After all, no opint in charging the blokes knocking them over ;)

I am being a little factitious.  Most drivers do fine 95% of the time and we get away with it the rest thanks to others paying attention or nothing happening in that time.  However, things are heavily designed for people when driving rather than cycling.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users