Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

M.E.N AND ADVERTISER

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Sweet nothings in either paper once again. It's imperitive we get these papers on our side as soon as possible. We badly need a press officer to liase with the papers and fight our corner.Cast your minds back 12 months and Barker was drumming it home that Salford needed saving, rightly so. Fast forward those 12 months and Barker has a full page on Salfords promise for the coming season and what of our plight not one word in either paper, not good enough Mr Barker you are the rugby league reporter for the Manchester area, which along with Salford includes Swinton, Oldham, and Rochdale. We three teams are desperate for coverage, we are the bedrock of rugby in the area, steeped in rugby league history traditional rugby towns, do the decent thing help us survive by giving us the press coverage we need and deserve

#2 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

This was a point i made the other day on here and the Facebook page. We need someone to court the press, it's a great opportunity for a media student at Salford to work along side the trust and push the lions cause. I think we need that injection quickly.

It is imperative that this person is not involved in writing of any articles then no bias can be attributed to it. But they must have autonomy to give out info as and when things happen.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#3 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

This was a point i made the other day on here and the Facebook page. We need someone to court the press, it's a great opportunity for a media student at Salford to work along side the trust and push the lions cause. I think we need that injection quickly.

It is imperative that this person is not involved in writing of any articles then no bias can be attributed to it. But they must have autonomy to give out info as and when things happen.

Salford City College offer media courses at the Pendleton and Eccles campuses, both at 6th form and higher level. Part of the assessment is a work based project, like running an event or supporting an organisation. I'd guess the courses are closely linked with MediaCity investment.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#4 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

If we're talking about local press coverage of Swinton Lions in general then of course the lack of it is truly lamentable. But as we all know much of that responsibility lies with the club for failing to promote itself.

One thing the Trust can't do is to 'attempt' to speak on behalf of the club whilst it isn't in Trust ownership. But if we're talking specifically about the Koukash situation then the Trust needs to be very careful about what it feeds the press, as there is a potential for a counter-productive outcome, especially in view the sensitivity of where we are at the moment. We are as involved as we can possibly be, but at the heart of all this the fact remains that the current key players here are Koukash, the Council, & the club.

But we take on board the general point, and press relations are clearly something that need looking at seriously, i.e. by the Trust, but especially by the club itself, regardless of who is running it. At present the Trust needs to be very careful about general press releases. You'll hopefully appreciate that as things stand we are endeavouring to keep our members & general fans informed as much as is reasonably possible.

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

I fully endorse Steve with this posting.

Please also think about what you may post on the forum and facebook pages as well, we could be in for some good times ahead but processes have to be allowed to take the correct course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users