Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

$BW

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,721 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Yes Sonny Bill realises its a short career you have to make the most of your opportunities.

He's cashing in his chips again at the end of the 2014 NRL season and moving on to Union in NZ.

He's going back to the Chiefs club he played for in 2012.

Or am I being too kind to him?

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Who cares?

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,721 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Roosters fans? New Zealand RL?

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#4 kosh2262

kosh2262
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

Personally like him a lot - yes, he's out for number 1 but so are most professionals who are not one club men. Also if he was $BW he'd be in France or Japan rather than NZ.

He is also unique - you could make the case if so inclined he has been the best rugby player in both codes at some point. So ego plays a part in it. Who knows, post Olympics the RLWC will be back likely in Aus/NZ so one last crack at that title...he might yet return.
Malcolm Tucker: Fatty?
Jamie: Oh, aye, Fatty, wee Spiderman in his ###### pyjamas, what a ###### idea. From now on it's a proper fight; It's a pomp-fight, Motherwell rules. And Tom is gonna get a pint glass in his ###### eye and a pool cue up his ###### and another pool cue in his other ###### eye.
Malcolm Tucker: Geoff Holhurst?
Jamie: What, Mister Baby New Potato-Head? ###### off.

#5 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

Kiwi fans don`t miss him as we all know he`s only a five minute wonder,there`s plenty of young blokes at the Roosters just waiting for a chance. Best player in the world? What a joke,he`s not even the best player at the Roosters,the Aussies had him in their pocket in the recent Grand Final.

#6 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Well done to Sonny. He brought our code credibility in the world cup i think. 

Thurston would be one of the best players in our game. I think Sonny has him covered, so i would class him the best ever. 

Hopefully in one years time, the NRL will have grown to a point that players moving leaving wont even raise a eyelid. 

We have some great talent now under the watchful eyes of Belmeny, Bennett and Stuart/Daley. 

The growth of the game is about to move into a new era from NZ, to PNG and the Pacific. 

Super League only needs to stay viable and all should be good for feeder and player movements between the two big nations. 

#7 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Have no time for him and how he does things. The way he shoved himself in to the NZ team for the WC, the way he treated his mates and fans at the Doggies, the way he expects to get what he wants is just not on. I dont rate him as being the best RL player for NZ let alone the world. A number of times he has been shown up by Inglis, Burgess and co. Yes he is a very good player, but he is very much hit and miss. I feel the game should now forget about him and move on. There are starts of the future within our game who have the potential to be better and more respected than $BW

#8 Stoney100

Stoney100
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

Don't worry he will be back for the next RLWC ;) - what can I say the way of the world looking out for No.1 but I do not like it but can not blame him really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users