Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

league predictions for next year.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Dog Faced Gremlin

Dog Faced Gremlin
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Was 2007 the year Batley won more games than Dews but Dews had more Bonus Points?

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think we won the same number but lost fewer. Either way it doesn't matter, and we have benefitted from that scenario plenty in the last couple of years at the top end. I think this season it will be close again.

#23 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Feels more like round about the time when trolley buses stopped running in Huddersfield.

They ended on 13th July 1968 Grumpy!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#24 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

I think we won the same number but lost fewer. Either way it doesn't matter, and we have benefitted from that scenario plenty in the last couple of years at the top end. I think this season it will be close again.

Its a shame in your period of dominance you have only won a final. Its a pity you havnt won the league thats special.Cant see you finishing above us your so called period of dominance  its gone.

#25 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Its a shame in your period of dominance you have only won a final. Its a pity you havnt won the league thats special.Cant see you finishing above us your so called period of dominance its gone.

:lol: is it April 1st already?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Except for 1970 you are correct. The boot is firmly on the other foot for now though.

And 1977 - apologies for the error!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

They ended on 13th July 1968 Grumpy!

Since when we have prevailed 28 times!

(As stated sometime previously, for many of these seasons it was a case of two bald men fighting over a comb - neither team actually had a great deal to boast about other than being the HW supremos.)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users