TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Good news that's not being reported

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Did you know that Didier Drogba received £3m in sponsorship from Pepsi and he used every penny to build 5 large clinics/mini-hospitalsin his home country of Ivory Coast?  He also routinely gives away much of his earnings to his charitable foundation that's helping to rebuild the country after its civil war.  He's also instrumental in driving fundraising events to help do even more than he can with just his money.

Perhaps Rooney could do the same for his city of birth as I understand it is in a desperate state...... :ph34r:

#22 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Piers Morgan has been sacked. Fortunately, it's being well reported.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#23 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Looking forward to the next issue of Private Eye.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,864 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Have to admit I saw a full feature on this on the Six O'Clock News and wondered why I was supposed to care.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

Have to admit I saw a full feature on this on the Six O'Clock News and wondered why I was supposed to care.

He might be moving back to the UK...  I say raise a petition to get his British citizenship revoked.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#26 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Surprised that it's  not been posted on here before, considering how many posters come from there, but Bradford has a good news only paper, The Bradfordian which boasts that it is "The UK's first 'good news only' regional newspaper". Enjoy.

Not sure which was first, but The Wigan Courier also claims to be a "good news only" paper, irocically the owner and editor are from Bradford and I believe the sports pages carry some excellent photos!  :ph34r:

#27 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

Tears for Piers?

#28 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,745 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

He might be moving back to the UK...  I say raise a petition to get his British citizenship revoked.

Don't know if you've noticed, but we often dislike most  the people whop are most like ourselves.

.. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

#29 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I remember the BBC article on Piers.

Its quote ran like this: he divides people in the UK into two camps - half of us despise him and the other half despise him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users