Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Capital Challenge on course to break records

24 Jan HAC Skolars v Wigan

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Capital Challenge on course to break records

London Skolars traditional January Capital Challenge event at Honourable Artillery Company’s grounds in the City of London is well on course to break records for ticket sales and attendees at the pre-match luncheon.

On the 24th January Skolars will host a Wigan Warriors XIII at the prestigious London venue and match ticket sales have already surpassed the previous highest figure for Capital Challenge matches against London Broncos.

Commenting on ticket sales London Skolars General Manager Howard Kramer had this to say: “Whilst we were disppointed by London Broncos not being able to take part in our annual Capital Challenge match in 2014 we were delighted that Wigan agreed to step in and bring a team down to play us. Ticket sales for the match have been steady since the game was announced but in the past week we have seen a real acceleration in sales and we are already some way ahead of our record pre-sales, which were achieved last year. Match tickets, priced at £15, can still be purchased from our online ticket office at www.skolarsrl.com”.

In addition to the match Skolars will once again host a pre-match luncheon in the Prince Consort Room at the HAC and guests will be treated to two legendary guest speakers in Jamie Peacock MBE and Martin Offiah MBE. Sales of lunch places have also been brisk, according to Kramer: “With Wigan in town with the Challenge Cup and Super League trophies on display and with two great guest speakers I am not surprised that last year’s record attendance at the Capital Challenge is well on course to be broken. Tables and places at the luncheon have been selling steadily and we have almost surpassed last year’s numbers with more sales expected in the next two weeks. I would urge anyone thinking of attending this great event to book now”.

Details of the Capital Challenge luncheon can be found on London Skolars website www.skolarsrl.com

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#2 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

I have twice rung up for tickets for this, and been told I'd be called back, only never to hear from the club. Is this a closed shop, or is it worth my trying again?

#3 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

What is the max allowed attendance at the HAC. In theory you could get a lot of people in there due to the square footage

#4 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

Christmas cheer from London's Rugby League club.

Exiled Wiganer, I would suggest you buy on the internet http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Lobby, IIRC the capacity at the HAC for Rugby League is 900 but I am sure I will be corrected if this inaccurate.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#5 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

I have twice rung up for tickets for this, and been told I'd be called back, only never to hear from the club. Is this a closed shop, or is it worth my trying again?

#6 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

May have been good fortune but I rang last Friday
morning and got straight through . Tickets arrived
Monday.

#7 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

hi happy to chase up. pls pm me. seems odd. cheers

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:

#8 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Christmas cheer from London's Rugby League club.

Exiled Wiganer, I would suggest you buy on the internet http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Lobby, IIRC the capacity at the HAC for Rugby League is 900 but I am sure I will be corrected if this inaccurate.

Seemed like much more than 900 last year....

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

hi happy to chase up. pls pm me. seems odd. cheers

Will do - might be a couple of days though. Will try and buy in line so as to be no trouble. Happy to know I'm not on a black list!

#10 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Will do - might be a couple of days though. Will try and buy in line so as to be no trouble. Happy to know I'm not on a black list!

no probs let me know if you need help. website should work. have a good one

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users