Dewsbury Rams v Combined Giants and Dogs 13

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Batleys been forced to play at least 5 of their 6 of their D.R, Will it be a better test for our lads?

#2 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

John Lear was slagging duel reg at beginning of last season what's changed? The hypocrite!!!

#3 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

He needs the Giants lads in order to compete after having a poor off season in recruitment. The Rams maintained most of last season's squad and have signed some real quality however Batley lost a lot of their squad from last season.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a great game.

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Surely not, what with our poor recruitment and your retention of your mid table squad and quality recruitment. Can't see us getting within thirty of you! By the way, can you reference/ provide a link to John  Lear (?) slagging off DR at the beginning of last season? I thought we embraced partnership! Mind you, I do believe that you should have real grounds for optimism next season. The last time you had a right to feel this optimistic was in those heady pre season days when you made quality signings such as Tere Glassie and Aaron Trinder.

Have a very merry Christmas.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

He needs the Giants lads in order to compete after having a poor off season in recruitment. The Rams maintained most of last season's squad and have signed some real quality however Batley lost a lot of their squad from last season.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a great game.

Wow ER you are going to have to thonk up one hell of an excuse as to why you could not beat us after that verbal diarrohea

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

Surely not, what with our poor recruitment and your retention of your mid table squad and quality recruitment. Can't see us getting within thirty of you! By the way, can you reference/ provide a link to John  Lear (?) slagging off DR at the beginning of last season? I thought we embraced partnership! Mind you, I do believe that you should have real grounds for optimism next season. The last time you had a right to feel this optimistic was in those heady pre season days when you made quality signings such as Tere Glassie and Aaron Trinder.

Have a very merry Christmas.

Your memory is either highly selective or very short DD. When the original DR arrangements were being announced, including ours with Bradford, your club declared that this wasn't for them as it would harm the integrity of the squad. Later when you did link up with the Giants it was branded as a partnership, quite different in nature to everyone elses' DRs. In fact it was just the same and another example of Batley humbug. This year will be no different, despite the attempted spin.

Now lets' all hope for a competitive and entertaining match.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 26 December 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Have the  dogs or Giants  team still got the deal to end all deals in place.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Have the dogs or Giants team still got the deal to end all deals in place.

Yes one of the top teams in SLis still DR with one of the top championship teams. Its a similar situation with the lower SL club and their DR team

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

I reckon my memory is both! Perhaps if both clubs view the agreements as a partnership then that's what they are. I'm not sure where the Didsbury supporters anti DR belligerence has come from.

And of course as l sit in the car park at the ground, l too hope for an entertaining and competitive fixture.

#10 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Have the  dogs or Giants  team still got the deal to end all deals in place.

Wiil find out in September. Batley did ok last season finishing in the top six, reaching the Grand Final and the Semi-Finals of the Northern Rail Cup.

Since Dual Registration started in 2010 Batley have won 7 out of 8 league games against Dewsbury which is not a bad record.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 26 December 2013 - 11:10 AM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

I reckon my memory is both! Perhaps if both clubs view the agreements as a partnership then that's what they are. I'm not sure where the Didsbury supporters anti DR belligerence has come from.

And of course as l sit in the car park at the ground, l too hope for an entertaining and competitive fixture.

I was anti DR all along, even before we moved to South Manchester, and have stated so consistently.

It is a system dreamed up by SL clubs as a convenience to them whilst brushing a few crumbs off their tables to satisfy the Championship clubs.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I couldn't agree more. I have posted on this forum recently that l would clearly prefer my team to play Batley registered players. However we are where we are despite my misgivings.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Wiil find out in September. Batley did ok last season finishing in the top six, reaching the Grand Final and the Semi-Finals of the Northern Rail Cup.

Since Dual Registration started in 2010 Batley have won 7 out of 8 league games against Dewsbury which is not a bad record.

DR started last season BT, i.e. 2013. Don't know where you get 2010 from - could you enlighten us?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

DR started last season BT, i.e. 2013. Don't know where you get 2010 from - could you enlighten us?

Championship clubs linking themselves to one parent club began in 2012 but DR began in 2009/10.
The centurions were reliant on St Helens and Warrinton players at the time,Jacob Emmett being a prime example from STs

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

We had Josh Griffin, Alex Brown and Kyle Wood on dual registration from Huddersfield in 2010.

Posted Image

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

You must be right then but I thought that the cases that you refer to were straightforward loans. I understood dual registration to be specifically where players could switch between SL and Championship clubs on a game by game basis. If not then I am clearly mistaken - it can happen.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

You must be right then but I thought that the cases that you refer to were straightforward loans. I understood dual registration to be specifically where players could switch between SL and Championship clubs on a game by game basis. If not then I am clearly mistaken - it can happen.

Definitely dual registration, BSJ. Leigh caused some consternation in 2010 by using at least three or four Warrington players who would turn out for them one week and then appear in Super League the week after.

Edited by TheTerminator, 26 December 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Definitely dual registration, BSJ. Leigh caused some consternation in 2010 by using at least three or four Warrington players who would turn out for them one week and then appear in Super League the week after.

Fair enough - thanks for the clarification.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Today was not a bad result.Even the Dog players admitted that our disallowed try was a try.Hitting the knee is not a knock on.

#20 GoldDog

GoldDog
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

This thread is completely aimless and the title of it is as off cue as ever Mr.Equalizer.

Today was the most competitive Boxing Day game I can remember so let's not start looking for excuses already. Lets try and get some informed views (and attendance figures) out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users