Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today's attendance

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

If forecasts are correct about 1000 went through the gates which is unfortunately not recorded on the gate.However remember the old saying, WHAT YOU NEVER HAD YOU NEVER MISS.LOL.

#42 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

More worrying than the individuals involved denying Batley their share of the money is the lack of action by Kirklees Council and the ground safety officer. Turnstiles or all ticket matches are a means of ensuring crowd levels do not exceed safety limits. Fortunately on this occasion no disaster occured, however the RFL should now order Dewsbury to only play their games as all ticket matches which will ensure the safety of the spectators and save Dewsbury opening the turnstiles. It would also be advantageous for Kirklees Council to supervise the clubs actions over the next few months.

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#43 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

More worrying than the individuals involved denying Batley their share of the money is the lack of action by Kirklees Council and the ground safety officer. Turnstiles or all ticket matches are a means of ensuring crowd levels do not exceed safety limits. Fortunately on this occasion no disaster occured, however the RFL should now order Dewsbury to only play their games as all ticket matches which will ensure the safety of the spectators and save Dewsbury opening the turnstiles. It would also be advantageous for Kirklees Council to supervise the clubs actions over the next few months.

Best report it to the authorities then - you ought to use your connections to check that the Batley officials didn't receive their share of this dubiously obtained income first, because if they did they are complicit.

#44 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

And with ZZ's post l believe this post has reached it's inevitable conclusion!"

#45 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

By the way the 1000 was a joke lads.It was all declared and above board.A happy New Year to one and all.

#46 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not, but the actions on the gate could very likely end up investigated by local H&S authority if any complaints are made. Though it's not the same kind of crowds you see at football games, if a Hillsborough type disaster happened at the ground, the shizzle would hit the fizzle. And the post about checking whether Batley got their cut before anything was said, wouldn't matter to the Batley club a bit. It's about crowd safety rather than profit. It was Dewsburys ground. Not Batleys.

I'd personally hope nothing happens about it. Everything seemed to run safely (apart from Roger the Ram decking it pitch side). It would just lead to massive fines which any club could do without, bad press and further safety investigations.
SIGNATURE

#47 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not, but the actions on the gate could very likely end up investigated by local H&S authority if any complaints are made.

The post was very serious. The attitude of some of the posters makes it more so. The episode should not need reporting to the council, they should already be investigating why it was allowed to happen. Why the ground safety officer hasn't fallen on his sword shows his complete disregard for safety procedures. Just hope that the next time a more serious situation doesn't occur.

#48 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Personally I wouldn't say that there were any crowd safety issues at the game, and having spoken to a Batley official, they appear quite satisfied that Dewsbury's figures were reasonably accurate, so there will be no argument there. My own guess at the crowd would have been in the 2,500 region, so I can't see any great discrepancy. Does anyone know a) Dewsbury's crowd limit and B)  was it the same, less or more for that particular game? There were plenty open spaces which suggests room for more, unless Kirklees had put a different limit on for that game. I think the matter should now rest, and just hope that next Boxing Day dewsbury's forum isn't full of their fans suggesting that we have diddled them eh?

#49 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Personally I wouldn't say that there were any crowd safety issues at the game, and having spoken to a Batley official, they appear quite satisfied that Dewsbury's figures were reasonably accurate, so there will be no argument there. My own guess at the crowd would have been in the 2,500 region, so I can't see any great discrepancy. Does anyone know a) Dewsbury's crowd limit and B)  was it the same, less or more for that particular game? There were plenty open spaces which suggests room for more, unless Kirklees had put a different limit on for that game. I think the matter should now rest, and just hope that next Boxing Day dewsbury's forum isn't full of their fans suggesting that we have diddled them eh?

ZZ's post is, as we all know, basically just another of his monotonous axe grinding sessions. In this case however, he raises some valid points. I believe that the clubs have an excellent relationship, and I can't see either club risking losing that relationship for a pennorth o tar, but if stewards were asked to speed up the process of getting the fans in by acting as gatemen, then it makes the club look amateurish at best. As Barrow fans will testify, acting anything less than transparently when dealing with the running of the club's finances can have grave consequences. As for the health and safety issues raised by ZZ though , I doubt there would have been a problem. I have a feeling, however, that further delaying the kick off to accommodate those fans left outside, would definitely have invoked health and safety risks when it came to telling the wife she would have to delay the Boxing day dinner because the match was running late.

#50 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

The crowd figures should only concern the two clubs, HMRC, the police and the local council.

My concern was for a complete disregard of safety procedures which had potential for life threatening injuries.

Only recently the Hillsborough tragedy has been in the news and evidence of a cover up of all the details which pointed to mismanagement and lack of a duty of care.

Personally I would like a full investigation into the events which occured on Boxing Day and any mismanagement punished accordingly. Obviously the majority of posters share differing views to myself. Lets have an independant enquiry and find out the full facts. I can always admit I was wrong if the correct proceedures were followed.

#51 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

ZZ's post is, as we all know, basically just another of his monotonous axe grinding sessions. In this case however, he raises some valid points. I believe that the clubs have an excellent relationship, and I can't see either club risking losing that relationship for a pennorth o tar, but if stewards were asked to speed up the process of getting the fans in by acting as gatemen, then it makes the club look amateurish at best. As Barrow fans will testify, acting anything less than transparently when dealing with the running of the club's finances can have grave consequences. As for the health and safety issues raised by ZZ though , I doubt there would have been a problem. I have a feeling, however, that further delaying the kick off to accommodate those fans left outside, would definitely have invoked health and safety risks when it came to telling the wife she would have to delay the Boxing day dinner because the match was running late.

I have no axe to grind as you put it. I was abroad on Boxing Day, an English relative of mine attended the game, and when I heard the delay of kick and crowd problems I was concerned for his safety.

The Club had many options for safely managing the game including, opening more turnstiles, delaying the kick off and postponing the game for safety reasons. You may find it acceptable to cause anxiety. I would like someone to appologise, however if the officials have the same attitude as yourself it will never happen.

#52 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

There was a serious crowd surge towards the bar when the kick-off was delayed.

#53 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

There was a serious crowd surge towards the bar when the kick-off was delayed.

Which of your current two faces face saw that happen - this one or your Asian one ?

I have no axe to grind as you put it. I was abroad on Boxing Day, an English relative of mine attended the game, and when I heard the delay of kick and crowd problems I was concerned for his safety.
The Club had many options for safely managing the game including, opening more turnstiles, delaying the kick off and postponing the game for safety reasons. You may find it acceptable to cause anxiety. I would like someone to appologise, however if the officials have the same attitude as yourself it will never happen.

Do you have Asian relatives the ?

#54 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Which of your current two faces face saw that happen - this one or your Asian one ?Do you have Asian relatives the ?

Which of your current two faces face saw that happen - this one or your Asian one ?Do you have Asian relatives the ?

D'ye know I almost bit then - sorry ZZ and LD.

#55 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

So the general consensus is batley won the game but Sawyer won the day

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#56 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

So the general consensus is batley won the game but Sawyer won the day

Batley won the game, there is no disagreement there. I fail to understand your other point however.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#57 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

D'ye know I almost bit then - sorry ZZ and LD.

So you're saying that ZZ and me are the same person?

Wrong mate. You're wrong. 

#58 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

The crowd figures should only concern the two clubs, HMRC, the police and the local council.

My concern was for a complete disregard of safety procedures which had potential for life threatening injuries.

Only recently the Hillsborough tragedy has been in the news and evidence of a cover up of all the details which pointed to mismanagement and lack of a duty of care.

Personally I would like a full investigation into the events which occured on Boxing Day and any mismanagement punished accordingly. Obviously the majority of posters share differing views to myself. Lets have an independant enquiry and find out the full facts. I can always admit I was wrong if the correct proceedures were followed.

What tree did you climb out of?How can you compare Hillsborough with a local derby match ,where the crowd was around 2.500 and not likely to be much more? I suggest your time would be better spent making enquires of how the cricket club got a grant, when that grant should have gone to the Bulldogs, the lease holders  and the passed on to the cricket section.

#59 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

So you're saying that ZZ and me are the same person?

Wrong mate. You're wrong. 

I'd say you were inseparable.

#60 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

I'd say you were inseparable.

You've obviously worked us out, well done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users