Luke Menzies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

He is playing in a trial game for Widnes on the 29th December with Liam Hulme.Got a feeling a average player, but thought ask the fans who watch him every week?

#2 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ok I guess nobody watched him then?lol

#3 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Give the lad a chance. Have a look tomorrow then you can make your own mind up!!!

#4 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

I am working mate I was just asking your fans on a opinion of him.You know best as watch him every week.Spelly told me Liam Hulme is not a Superleague player.

Edited by Ratboy, 28 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I am working mate I was just asking your fans on a opinion of him.You know best as watch him every week.Spelly told me Liam Hulme is not a Superleague player.

not sure on hulme, but luke is a very strong lad,fit as a fiddle too but not sure why he never got enough games for us. always comes onto the ball at a decent pace and will make many yards every carry.good tackler too and to be honest the lad should a been in and sl team from his form a few years back so cant understand why he always seems to miss his  chance at different clubs past 3 or 4 years.

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

not sure on hulme, but luke is a very strong lad,fit as a fiddle too but not sure why he never got enough games for us. always comes onto the ball at a decent pace and will make many yards every carry.good tackler too and to be honest the lad should a been in and sl team from his form a few years back so cant understand why he always seems to miss his chance at different clubs past 3 or 4 years.

He went to Hull KR who let him go after a brief spell there. In reality, and without wanting to sound harsh on the player, he probably found his level last season. Was pleased to see him back at Batley in 2012 as he was promising during his first spell with us, but sadly he failed to make any impression on the few occasions he appeared.

Posted Image

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

not sure on hulme, but luke is a very strong lad,fit as a fiddle too but not sure why he never got enough games for us. always comes onto the ball at a decent pace and will make many yards every carry.good tackler too and to be honest the lad should a been in and sl team from his form a few years back so cant understand why he always seems to miss his chance at different clubs past 3 or 4 years.

He went to Hull KR who let him go after a brief spell there. In reality, and without wanting to sound harsh on the player, he probably found his level last season. Was pleased to see him back at Batley in 2012 as he was promising during his first spell with us, but sadly he failed to make any impression on the few occasions he appeared.

Posted Image

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

i remember him off to hull kr but i think he only got 2 games, he turned up a few years back to play for liversedge and he snuck on pitch after about 15 minutes, other team from donny  must a thought sommats wrong as he ran length a pitch and scored first carry busting 3 or 4 players out of his way, think he got in bother as he were supposed to be off to cas on the monday. he did seem to spend too much time on the bench both spells for us but the coach knows more than us.hes a good lad too and not up himself. :pickeat:

#9 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Talked to a few Widnes fans today and they said he played well.Got a few yards running and worked hard.Hope goes well in the next friendly.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

Showed a lot of promise in his first spell at Batley that earned him a move to SL, then lost his way for whatever reason - looked to me like he'd bulked up far too much and lost a yard or two of pace that made him a threat taking the ball in.

Id agree with Terminator, an average championship forward at best these days.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users