TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

UKIP and Nigel Farage

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

For once, I agree with Nigel (Daily Mail linky).  Refugees are a vastly different class of immigrant to economic migrants.

It seems he's annoyed both the UKIP and Daily Mail.  The Mail have started using the negative pics of him being a sweaty bloke under pressure rather than the usual ones of him being a jokey chappie who agrees with them that all furriners are evil.  The comments at this time of the morning are quite amusing :P

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,398 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I saw a pic of him looking blokey cosying up to the hunting brigade either on Saturday or Sunday. The hunters are breaking the law wholesale and no-one's dong anything about it so let's repeal the law is roughly what he (and the Countryside lot) are saying.  You couldn't make it up.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

I saw a pic of him looking blokey cosying up to the hunting brigade either on Saturday or Sunday. The hunters are breaking the law wholesale and no-one's dong anything about it so let's repeal the law is roughly what he (and the Countryside lot) are saying. You couldn't make it up.

It's not illegal to have a hunt meeting. Its just illegal to kill live animals. I think anyway.

Not sure why you would want to do either like.

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

I would never go hunting, but I fully support those that want to.  It's a tradition that has developed a whole infrastructure and industry for countryfolk. Similar pastimes exist in every country ... hunting instincts are embedded in all of us, some deeper than others.

Why should there be a stigma against hunting when  there isn't about working in the munitions industry or on a trawler? Because townies just want to ban anything that they can't understand and think is a just a privileged game for the upper classes.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,398 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

I would never go hunting, but I fully support those that want to.  It's a tradition that has developed a whole infrastructure and industry for countryfolk. Similar pastimes exist in every country ... hunting instincts are embedded in all of us, some deeper than others.

Why should there be a stigma against hunting when  there isn't about working in the munitions industry or on a trawler? Because townies just want to ban anything that they can't understand and think is a just a privileged game for the upper classes.

Because all the other cruel sports, bull baiting, bear baiting, ratting, dog fighting, have been made illegal, because they are cruel, why should allowing a pack of dogs to chase another animal until it's exhausted and tear it limb from limb while it's still alive be the exception?  They say they are chasing trails that have been laid but if the "hinds" pick up the scent of a fox there's nothing they can do about it except follow - a likely story!  It's cruel and should be banned completely, horses, hounds, red coats, the lot. If Tony Blair hadn't been so spineless he'd have done this in his first term with his whopping majority, but he didn't.  There are of course other reasons, where do you stop?  Coarse angling is very popular among the Labour voting classes - I also consider that cruel. Shooting is another "sport."  Millions of pheasants are raised artificially, released into the wild and fed by game keepers, forced towards  a row of guns and then blown out of the sky.  And then what happens?  There are far too many pheasants for every "gun" to take a brace home, so the remainder are burried. Some sport!

• ckn likes this

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#6 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

It's not illegal to have a hunt meeting. Its just illegal to kill live animals. I think anyway.

Not sure why you would want to do either like.

To me, a compromise would be to muzzle the hounds.

The huntsmen would still get 'the thrill of the chase' but the fox, although scared %$&$less, wouldn't end up being torn to pieces.

#7 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

If it was inverted snobbery, then a sport that was mainly lads from council estates chasing down foxes while riding the bikes would be seen as totally socially acceptable.  I would suggest that it would not be.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

I would never go hunting, but I fully support those that want to. It's a tradition that has developed a whole infrastructure and industry for countryfolk. Similar pastimes exist in every country ... hunting instincts are embedded in all of us, some deeper than others.

Why should there be a stigma against hunting when there isn't about working in the munitions industry or on a trawler? Because townies just want to ban anything that they can't understand and think is a just a privileged game for the upper classes.

Sticking kids up chimneys used to be a traditional industry in the UK. Damn those modernisers who meddled with the traditions of a long standing noble occupation for the little ones!

LUNEW.jpg

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sticking kids up chimneys used to be a traditional industry in the UK. Damn those modernisers who meddled with the traditions of a long standing noble occupation for the little ones!

Kids are too fat to fit up chimneys these days, anyway. ;)
  • ckn likes this

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have to thank Nigel for his bout of rationality in this, it has helped me identify a few people on my Facebook friend list are frothy mouthed anti-immigrants.  One post read "Farage the traitor showed that he's just another muslim loving politician", that unfriend button is almost as fun as the ban button on here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#11 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,625 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Smart move by Nigel

This makes him looks statesmanlike and compassionate

It flushes out some of the most swivel eyed nutters in his party and he can disassociate him and his party from them publicly...but let's face it: well you know what I mean

At the same time he knows it won't happen

• ckn likes this
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#12 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

It's okay. Apparently he only meant Christian Syrians.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#13 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Not only did he say he just wants the Christians, he said "Britain isn't full".

The Godfrey Bloom school of political posturing!

#14 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hunting is good for foxes. If some weren't tolerated to be prey for the hunt, they would be either poisoned or dug up and shot.

If you  had a rat in your house, you would want it killed pronto.

Nothing kills for fun on the scale of the domestic cat. If  you keep a cat, it is sheer hypocrisy to decry the hunt.

Working class kids of council estates do go hunting. Several of my former schoolmates from a council estate still go rabbiting with ferrets and terriers.

#15 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hunting is good for foxes. If some weren't tolerated to be prey for the hunt, they would be either poisoned or dug up and shot.

Nothing kills for fun on the scale of the domestic cat. If  you keep a cat, it is sheer hypocrisy to decry the hunt.

Working class kids of council estates do go hunting. Several of my former schoolmates from a council estate still go rabbiting with ferrets and terriers.

We should stop hunting rats.  The numbers would soon plummet.

Rabbiting main well benefit from a low profile.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

I have to thank Nigel for his bout of rationality in this, it has helped me identify a few people on my Facebook friend list are frothy mouthed anti-immigrants. 

Not much point in me joining Facebook then!

;) :biggrin:

• ckn likes this

#17 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's a tradition that has developed a whole infrastructure and industry for countryfolk. 

Not really.  Most countryfolk believe that the people who hunt are absolute knobheads.  There is no infrastructure and industry dependent on the braying classes need to charge over other people's land.

If hunting foxes were actually required to be carried out by a gang of over privileged twazzocks red coats, bugling as they go, then it would be done year round and not just conveniently on Boxing Day when the toffs have jack all else to do.

- Severus, July 2012

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not only did he say he just wants the Christians, he said "Britain isn't full".

The Godfrey Bloom school of political posturing!

Yup.  It's almost like he was a bit tipsy and came up with what sounded like a good idea that he hadn't quite thought through and thought he could get away with because his chums wouldn't challenge him too much.

Sums up Ukip really.

• ckn likes this
- Severus, July 2012

#19 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Yes I would. However would the best way of getting rid of that Rat be (1) using a humane trap and releasing it into the woods (2) putting down poison and ensuring the cat / dog can't get at it (3) invite 20 braying members of the aristocracy into my kitchen on horseback to pursue the rat around the property until it either dies of exhaustion or their dogs rip it to shreds. 

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Seeing as it's your house, I'd vote for Option 3.

;) :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users