Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

UKIP and Nigel Farage

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#21 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,069 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Seeing as it's your house, I'd vote for Option 3.

;) :tongue:

Not going to happen.

My cat would see off their horses and dogs

mayzie_zps9471408b.png

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#22 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

If hunting foxes were actually required to be carried out by a gang of over privileged twazzocks red coats, bugling as they go, then it would be done year round and not just conveniently on Boxing Day when the toffs have jack all else to do.

Hunting is continuous between October and March. I used to have dealings with someone who is a member of the Bramham Hunt and it seemed as though, if you live in Yorkshire, there's a hunt somewhere in reasonable travelling distance just about every week.

Sorry to disillusion you, but he was brought up on the Middleton Estate in Leeds.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#23 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hunting is continuous between October and March. I used to have dealings with someone who is a member of the Bramham Hunt and it seemed as though, if you live in Yorkshire, there's a hunt somewhere in reasonable travelling distance just about every week.

Sorry to disillusion you, but he was brought up on the Middleton Estate in Leeds.

I bet he doesn't still live there though. <_<

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#24 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,199 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Jason Robinson was brought up in the same area, he sounds pretty posh these days

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#25 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

I bet he doesn't still live there though. <_<

True, but many people (most?) live in a better house than the one they were brought up in.

#26 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Is arefugee the same as an Asylum seeker?

#27 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

Generally, yes.  There are minor differences but they're the same class of immigrant, fleeing their home country in fear for their lives.  Edit:  the former has been accepted as a refugee, the latter is still waiting on that acceptance.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#28 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Near were I use to live the local town took a fair number of refuges from the conflict in the old Yugoslavia mainly old women , young children , females of all ages when the troubles ended 95% returned home . Now the asylum seekers seem to be all around the same age and male , what's the difference if any between the two groups.

#29 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hang down your head.

#30 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

Refugees sometimes look for a job.

#31 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Refugees sometimes look for a job.

Asylum seekers are legally banned from holding a job in the UK.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#32 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

And that's just the way most of them like it.

#33 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

I live on a farm

Sheep and store cattle mainly

There is a Fox population of several earths

There is no hunting, no poisoning and no shooting

Somehow everybody seems to manage

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#34 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,916 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'll have to ask John to find a *shakes head slowly* emoticon...

They're also not allowed mainstream benefits, a single asylum seeker can claim a MAXIMUM benefit package of £40.22 a week, a couple can claim £62.07.  Not exactly luxury is it?

#35 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

How do you know?

Keeping it local

#36 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,241 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

How do you know?

Because he once saw a brown person not pay for their shopping in the supermarket.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

http://www.economist...-back-road-long

Over 80% of Somali-speaking pupils qualify for free school meals. In Waltham Forest, a borough in east London, home to nearly 4,000 Somalis, 73% live in households on benefits. More than 50% of British Somalis rent from local councils, the highest proportion of any foreign-born population. In nearby Tower Hamlets 2010 data showed that Somalis were twice as likely as white Britons to be behind with the rent. The cost of their economic marginalisation hurts them, and is a toll on the public sector, too.

Education looks an unlikely escape route. Overcrowded houses mean children have nowhere to do their homework. In 2010-11 around 33% of Somali children got five good GCSEs, the exams taken at 16, compared with 59% of Bangladeshi pupils and 78% of Nigerian ones. Parents unable to speak English struggle. They see their children move up a year at school and assume they are doing well (in Somalia poor performers are held back). Their offspring, roped in as translators, are in no hurry to disabuse them.

20130817_BRC232.png

This helps to explain the pitiful employment rates among Britain’s Somalis (see second chart). Just one in ten is in full-time work. Many Somali households are headed by women who came to Britain without their husbands. Fitting work around child care is a struggle. Without work, Somali men while away their days chewing khat, a mild stimulative leaf. Awale Olad, a Somali councillor in London, supports the government’s recent decision to ban the drug. But others fear it will needlessly criminalise a generation of men.

#38 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

I live on a farm

Sheep and store cattle mainly

There is a Fox population of several earths

There is no hunting, no poisoning and no shooting

Somehow everybody seems to manage

I'm surprised that a sheep farmer doesn't shoot foxes. They certainly do in Wales.

#39 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

I'm surprised that a sheep farmer doesn't shoot foxes. They certainly do in Wales.

He has no reason to

Keeping it local

#40 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,402 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

Don't the farm's sheep have lambs every year then?

Or does it just fatten male lambs for the market?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users