Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

UKIP and Nigel Farage

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#41 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,703 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Don't the farm's sheep have lambs every year then?

Or does it just fatten male lambs for the market?

Of course they do

And?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#42 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

http://www.economist...-back-road-long

Over 80% of Somali-speaking pupils qualify for free school meals. In Waltham Forest, a borough in east London, home to nearly 4,000 Somalis, 73% live in households on benefits. More than 50% of British Somalis rent from local councils, the highest proportion of any foreign-born population. In nearby Tower Hamlets 2010 data showed that Somalis were twice as likely as white Britons to be behind with the rent. The cost of their economic marginalisation hurts them, and is a toll on the public sector, too.

Education looks an unlikely escape route. Overcrowded houses mean children have nowhere to do their homework. In 2010-11 around 33% of Somali children got five good GCSEs, the exams taken at 16, compared with 59% of Bangladeshi pupils and 78% of Nigerian ones. Parents unable to speak English struggle. They see their children move up a year at school and assume they are doing well (in Somalia poor performers are held back). Their offspring, roped in as translators, are in no hurry to disabuse them.

20130817_BRC232.png

This helps to explain the pitiful employment rates among Britain’s Somalis (see second chart). Just one in ten is in full-time work. Many Somali households are headed by women who came to Britain without their husbands. Fitting work around child care is a struggle. Without work, Somali men while away their days chewing khat, a mild stimulative leaf. Awale Olad, a Somali councillor in London, supports the government’s recent decision to ban the drug. But others fear it will needlessly criminalise a generation of men.

The solution would appear to be to devote more resources to people who need them.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#43 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

The solution would be to not let them in in the first place.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,703 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

The solution would be to not let them in in the first place

People from New Zealand speak English are familiar with the British way of life cone from a wealthy first world country with a well developed education system: wouldn't you expect them to come out top. Also they are not asylum seekers

People from Poland and Lithuania are familiar with the European way of life, have skills are well educated although English is not their first language many are adequate or even good English speakers. They are not asylum seekers

People from Bangladesh come from impoverished third world countries with poor education and have poor if any English skills. They are probably asylum seekers not mmigrants

The Chinese are in many if not most cases only temporarily here since most are either in employment or students. It's,doubtful whether they have fled here

The Somalis come from one of the poorest most wretched countries on earth with little education even in their own language. They have fled a country that has for years been ravaged by war. They are not immigrants. They are asylum seekers.

Firstly I suggest you check out the difference between

An immigrant and an asylum seeker

Nexti suggest you look at the actual meaning of data you supply before using  it to back up your ill thought out prejudiced ideas

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 30 December 2013 - 07:29 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Either way, a proportion of my taxes is going to foreign spongers who contribute knack all to this country.

As for your claim that most Bangladeshis are asylum seekers; I suspect that it's you who don't know what you are talking about. Bangladesh is a constitutional democracy.

Doesn't your heart bleed for these pour souls.

http://www.dailymail...-gold-mine.html

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

There are millions of people in dire straits all over the world. Is it feasible to suggest they all come here? I don't see why you would come here from Somalia as opposed to the nearest safe haven.

#47 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

There are millions of people in dire straits all over the world. Is it feasible to suggest they all come here? I don't see why you would come here from Somalia as opposed to the nearest safe haven.

Maybe they don't all come here ...

Bcv1NXVIUAAQH-q.jpg

- Severus, July 2012

#48 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Bcv1NXVIUAAQH-q.jpg

Don't you dare start quoting facts when there's all this comfortable ill informed prejuduce knocking about.

LUNEW.jpg

#49 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,139 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

I don't think they do all come here. But you could make an emotional argument for allowing every single person on planet earth to.

At what point does it become racist to point out we have finite resources.

#50 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Because he once saw a brown person not pay for their shopping in the supermarket.

Don't you mean "coloured"
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#51 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,017 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

Don't you mean "coloured"

No, he meant "supermarket".

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#52 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,546 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Bcv1NXVIUAAQH-q.jpg

I am going to stick up for Jon, perhaps because I assume we are both from the same immigrant stock.

Accepting you graph, would it be fair to say that it is good that it is shared round?  Would there be issues if all asylum seekers realized that driving on the right is daft and that there is only one country in Europe that makes decent tea and curry (thanks to previous immigration)?  It seems reasonable to say that sharing or new arrivals is generally for the best, particularly if that is the choice of the people seeking asylum/refuge?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#53 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,313 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

I am going to stick up for Jon, perhaps because I assume we are both from the same immigrant stock.

Accepting you graph, would it be fair to say that it is good that it is shared round?  Would there be issues if all asylum seekers realized that driving on the right is daft and that there is only one country in Europe that makes decent tea and curry (thanks to previous immigration)?  It seems reasonable to say that sharing or new arrivals is generally for the best, particularly if that is the choice of the people seeking asylum/refuge?

I'm happy that asylym seekers go first to where there is quality handball.

And Belgium.

- Severus, July 2012

#54 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,546 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm happy that asylym seekers go first to where there is quality handball.

And Belgium.

Racist.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#55 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,546 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

I did not really understand your point or having anything clever to write, so I just threw that in.

Sorry about that.

#56 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

the scale of Jon's graphic is misleading

Sweden:

Population: ~10million

Asylum Seekers: 4590 per million of population = ~ 45,900

UK:

Population: ~60million

Asylum Seekers: 440 per million of population = ~ 26,400

1975-2010 figures indicate the accelerating scale of the financial burden on the UK.

http://www.irr.org.u...tistics/asylum/

#57 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,518 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Anyway, the surge in support for UKIP has got Clegg pooing his pants.

:biggrin:

http://www.independe...gg-9030929.html

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,243 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

the scale of Jon's graphic is misleading

Sweden:
Population: ~10million
Asylum Seekers: 4590 per million of population = ~ 45,900

UK:
Population: ~60million
Asylum Seekers: 440 per million of population = ~ 26,400

1975-2010 figures indicate the accelerating scale of the financial burden on the UK.

http://www.irr.org.u...tistics/asylum/

What was misleading about the graph. Very simple to read.

#59 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,402 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Don't muzzle the hounds...muzzle the huntsmen and women.

I realise that balance is not the forum's forte but here goes. For balance; muzzle the illegal hare coursers who plague lincolnshire at this time of year...but i forget...they aren't upper class ##### ..oops ...twits .

#60 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,546 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Don't muzzle the hounds...muzzle the huntsmen and women.

I realise that balance is not the forum's forte but here goes. For balance; muzzle the illegal hare coursers who plague lincolnshire at this time of year...but i forget...they aren't upper class ##### ..oops ...twits .

I agree, John.  It is not as though hare coursing it legal though, it is illegal.

Even though they aren't upper class ##### ..oops ...twits .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users