TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Year Resolutions 2014

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

-11lbs so far.

No new friends though. :(

Did you lose a limb....?

#22 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I thought I'd update this with a quarter of the year gone

2014 resolutions (the first time I've made any in a good number of years)

- Lose 20lbs of weight (base target).  Lose 30lbs (ideal) - a few pounds lost, not that much, I'll get there though!

- Take up ju-jitsu again.  I'll have to look for one of the more tradition types rather than the macho McDojo ones out there that are all about the belt posturing and ego. - done but I've not had that much time to commit, it'll get better from next month.

- Do one good thing every day, regardless of how small, even if it's just another cup of tea for the wife or putting the elderly neighbour's bins out. - mostly on track.  I'd say about 1/4 of days I either forget or don't do anything.

- Cut down from two teaspoons of sugar in my massive tea cup to one. - done.  next step is to cut it down to half a teaspoon.

- Be far less tolerant of those who think it's acceptable to be rude. - Done!  Emphatically so.  A very nice stress release mechanism.

- Finish my Rosetta Stone French lessons.  I got the entire package up to advanced business French. - Started but a bit behind in where I'd like to be.

- Take at least 4-5 hours a week for myself.  Pure selfishness time.  Even if it's just sitting on the sofa reading a book undisturbed by anyone. - Done.  It's a routine now and I'm feeling better for it.

- Spend at least 5 days going walkabout in the Scottish Highlands this spring or summer, if the wife wants to come along then she can, if not I'll happily go on my own.  Have to make this one a resolution or it might get lost in the pile of other things that happen in life! - planned for the first week of June.

- Write 1500 words a week of my book. - Argh... nowhere near.  Probably 10000 words done this year, way behind schedule.

I suppose that'll do!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

-26lbs, only 1 pound lost in March but still ahead of overall steady 2lb per week target.

No new friends. No friends full stop really.

I needed to add puppy training into my resolutions; weight loss, exercising and working with the pooch are my priorities at the moment.

• ckn likes this

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

With three weeks left of the year:

2014 resolutions (the first time I've made any in a good number of years)

- Lose 20lbs of weight (base target).  Lose 30lbs (ideal). 14lbs lost.  Good enough I suppose

- Take up ju-jitsu again.  I'll have to look for one of the more tradition types rather than the macho McDojo ones out there that are all about the belt posturing and ego.  Just haven't had the time to commit to this unfortunately.

- Do one good thing every day, regardless of how small, even if it's just another cup of tea for the wife or putting the elderly neighbour's bins out.  I have done my damnedest to do this, I've met the spirit if not the letter.

- Cut down from two teaspoons of sugar in my massive tea cup to one.  I now use Stevia instead of sugar in my tea and coffee and also on my cereal

- Be far less tolerant of those who think it's acceptable to be rude.  Done and this was referred to in my interview for my nice new job!

- Finish my Rosetta Stone French lessons.  I got the entire package up to advanced business French.  Done but just.  I moved onto Italian

- Take at least 4-5 hours a week for myself.  Pure selfishness time.  Even if it's just sitting on the sofa reading a book undisturbed by anyone.  Done.  Easy one that one!

- Spend at least 5 days going walkabout in the Scottish Highlands this spring or summer, if the wife wants to come along then she can, if not I'll happily go on my own.  Have to make this one a resolution or it might get lost in the pile of other things that happen in life!  Done!  Went all on my own and had a great time just sitting and reading.

- Write 1500 words a week of my book.  A miserable fail. Just haven't had the quality time I want to put to it and didn't want to sacrifice the small bits of free time I'd secured for myself.

I suppose that'll do!

So... a better year than most at meeting my resolutions!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#25 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:59 AM

1. Go bodyboarding more (starting in about 8hrs)
2. Lose weight
Doing 1 will help 2 and visa versa

Well I went Bodyboarding a lot more.
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#26 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

Carry on loosing weight (33kgs lost since April).

Go to Nepal (Booked)

Walk the John Muir Trail in the USA.

Go from coasting to slightly enthused at work.

Donate something to food bank every time I go Sainsbury's. 

Read more.

Write more.

Don't let 2014 become another 'I'll do it next year'.

Lost weight till April (from 150Kgs to 118kgs) then put most back on....

Went to Nepal, Brilliant!

Walked part of the John Muir Trail, didn't complete it due to the weight gain.

Still coasting.

Fairly successful.

Read a bit.

Wrote a bit.

2014 was a 'do it' year in some ways, and back to normal in others....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#27 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Kept my weight down, had a carpal tunnel op that I'd put off, continued hiking in the countryside and enjoyed taking my granddaughter out. Bliss! And enjoyed my rugby league even more so!!! As for my first cruise, it was a magical experience.  

Edited by Saint Billinge, 11 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#28 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:36 PM

Lost half a stone; not that you'd notice.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#29 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Lost half a stone; not that you'd notice.

Well I didn't like to say  :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users