Did you lose a limb....?

28m391z.jpg

#22 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,066 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I thought I'd update this with a quarter of the year gone

2014 resolutions (the first time I've made any in a good number of years)

- Lose 20lbs of weight (base target).  Lose 30lbs (ideal) - a few pounds lost, not that much, I'll get there though!

- Take up ju-jitsu again.  I'll have to look for one of the more tradition types rather than the macho McDojo ones out there that are all about the belt posturing and ego. - done but I've not had that much time to commit, it'll get better from next month.

- Do one good thing every day, regardless of how small, even if it's just another cup of tea for the wife or putting the elderly neighbour's bins out. - mostly on track.  I'd say about 1/4 of days I either forget or don't do anything.

- Cut down from two teaspoons of sugar in my massive tea cup to one. - done.  next step is to cut it down to half a teaspoon.

- Be far less tolerant of those who think it's acceptable to be rude. - Done!  Emphatically so.  A very nice stress release mechanism.

- Finish my Rosetta Stone French lessons.  I got the entire package up to advanced business French. - Started but a bit behind in where I'd like to be.

- Take at least 4-5 hours a week for myself.  Pure selfishness time.  Even if it's just sitting on the sofa reading a book undisturbed by anyone. - Done.  It's a routine now and I'm feeling better for it.

- Spend at least 5 days going walkabout in the Scottish Highlands this spring or summer, if the wife wants to come along then she can, if not I'll happily go on my own.  Have to make this one a resolution or it might get lost in the pile of other things that happen in life! - planned for the first week of June.

- Write 1500 words a week of my book. - Argh... nowhere near.  Probably 10000 words done this year, way behind schedule.

I suppose that'll do!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

-26lbs, only 1 pound lost in March but still ahead of overall steady 2lb per week target.

No new friends. No friends full stop really.

I needed to add puppy training into my resolutions; weight loss, exercising and working with the pooch are my priorities at the moment.

• ckn likes this

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users