Fev v Hawks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 new orleans hawk

new orleans hawk
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

So who is going to win tomorrow? Who you looking forward to seeing make their debut? Only a friendly! I know but places up for grabs and a chance to make a good impression. Discuss.

Posted Image

#2 new orleans hawk

new orleans hawk
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Oh and happy new year to you all from across the pond.

Posted Image

#3 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

Happy New year mate usual result expected

#4 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Good competitive game, in atrocious conditions. Despite the score, defensively very good performance against a strong Fev side.

#5 new orleans hawk

new orleans hawk
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

What was the score

Posted Image

#6 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

26-0 to Fev

#7 new orleans hawk

new orleans hawk
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thanks. Any stand out performances? Optomistic for the coming season or too early to say?

Posted Image

#8 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hi mate the games score was purely down to Gareth Moores good kicking game and Hunslets poor attempts to control the ball on the floor from these kicks but as you have been told the weather was atrocious. Having said that it was same for both sides, good foot work was impossible and there was a lot of dropped ball so 3 tries scored from kicks gave Moore the MOM I would also say their line speed in defence was a shade faster than ours which didn't give us a lot of time to set plays up. On the plus side the Hawks defence was very good tackling wise and there was some big hits put on some of the Featherstone team and overall there was some promising sign that the team once fully fit and gelled will be a force in Championship One.
chappy

#9 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Very much a game for the forwards, due to the conditions. Also can't see Hawks coming up against such a big team either...

#10 Woodlesford Hawk

Woodlesford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Can anyone tell me who the Sub called Wood was?

We had a guy on trial at the start of 2012 & 2013 called James Woods a prop i believe but he didn't play any games last year and only had 2 sub appearances in the

pre- season games the year before.. wonder if its the same guy.

#11 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Yeah it was him first played for Hunslet in under 18s under Steve parnell
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#12 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

Overall I think the squad will be very competitive without having to rely on any established Rhino players, No ones place is assured so there is a incentive for every Hunslet squad player to give his all and make a place his own, fitness is going to be key as we found out later on in the game against Featherstone if your not then somebody who is will take that place cant wait to see the lads play in decent conditions where they can show of their skills.
chappy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users