Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jake emmitt

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Signed for Leigh

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

Leigh gonna have one impressive pack. If they have some quality in the backs I could see them being close to the top of the pile if not top

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

So that's another supposed signing gone, come on Town give us some news, this is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

So that's another supposed signing gone, come on Town give us some news, this is doing my head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

town were never interested in jake, just more rumours, so we havent missed out on him as we never approached him
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

It genuinely seems now that the likes of Leigh and Featherstone are signing up players just so other clubs can't have them. Leigh really didn't need another prop - they already had 9 in their first team squad. Given their track record of financial idiocy, I expect their spending spree to end in disaster - either halfway through the upcoming season or at its end.

Posted Image

#6 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

There going for 2015 super league in a big way!! If big acton isn't getting game at any point if pick him up and drop him off personality for town!!

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Its looking like acton has possibly made a mistake going there. Hes top quality but will leigh choose him over the countless ex super league props they have.

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

If they don't they are silly, but it's close to home for him and a good wage for a 20 minute drive rather then a 3 hour drive up here

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hi 'Wonky',

I reckon Acton will still rate in Leigh's top 4 props, along with Wilkes, Spencer and Emmitt. Barlow appears to have been signed for back row (squad number 13), Ostick is out till mid-season, Duffy is young, and has much to prove and Bate is also just a youngster.

Paul Rowley is looking for size, mobility and aggression, so that our pack isn't 'bossed about' this season. (by the likes of Acton!) On those criteria, you could argue that Acton would be number one choice! ;)

This season, we have a new BOD, who are putting in the money - we've even paid off our debts - so hopefully, it's not 'boom and bust' again!

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Cool mate, as I said jamie is top quality, he will go well for you if he is indeed a regular. The one thing he needs to improve on is his off loading as his 1st and only thought is to run over defenders.

Edited by wonky, 03 January 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

As it should be for all props ! But I know what you mean . An offload with three guys hanging off you is a killer . Other teams do it to us . We also need the support to be awake and ready for offloads !Thacks would offload and he'd end up looking bad as no one was alive and ready for it . Hopefully young Mcavoy has been taught that skill from big bad bold , occssionally brutish , Barrie McDermott . It's a basic but invaluable skill that gives overlaps and creates chances as well as getting you more yards . Matty looks lethal off an offload , so we need muscle with that to their game.

Edited by DavidM, 03 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users