Spotland Shares

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Bitter sweet result at Spotland today, Dale are going to make big money out of the FA Cup which will ensure they will soon own all the Spotland shares, I believe the deal is ready to be done.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

That's what you believe is it? On information gleaned from which source exactly?

I say good on Dale, the result today certainly was a giant killing one and they had 50/50 possession, more shots and more on target with more corners and less fouls. So not a lucky win either!

In tomorrow's draw I hope they get either a winnable home tie or a chance for a BIG payday and the chance to go to Arsenal or City etc.

Pugwash.

P.S. Just seen the highlights on T.V. and Dale could have had 5, the first was a good old-fashioned centre forwards goal, great cross and the player rises out of he crowd to plant it in the far corner. Goal keeper had no chance, then the secod was another great pinpoint cross and a cheeky side foot volley again into the far corner.

All three sides of the ground you could see where full, the Willbutts is away fans so that was probably full, two sell-out matches at Spotland in less than three months the stadium company must be rubbing it's hands.

Pugwash.

Edited by Pugwash, 04 January 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

The Stadium Company will also be dissolved in time, RAFC now own all of the Ratcliffe Suite which makes the Councils stake on Spotland pointless, and probably a financilly insecure arrangement open to scrutiny in the current climate.

Agreed on all the Points about Dale, great to see a full Spotland - lets hope today's draw is kind.

#4 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Where you get "own" from, God only knows. you are leaseholders of the Ratcliffe Suite, a tenant, nothing more, nothing less.  Ask John Willie Lees.

Kind Regards

The Baron.

Ps, A Great win yesterday, on "Goals of the Third Round on ITV late last night, Hendersons goal was voted No1 of the third round. Congratulations and well done to the team and all genuine Dale Sports Fans.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#5 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Indeed but rather a play on status, point being that all the wet sales at Football, Functions, Work Seminars. inc cost of room hire now go to RAFC. Thus the income stream from the Main Lounge and Studds is drastically slashed.

Hence the Stadium has been agreement broken.

For the word own read - all profits

#6 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

Who owns the Ratcliffe, the Football Club do they?????????

#7 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Nothing bitter about about a magnificent win against a championship club pushing for a promotion place. Like pugwash said it could so easily have been a lot more in Dales favour, Leeds isn't that far up the motorway but it must have felt a long way to the travelling fans.

As for the stadium shares? I think you may well just find that Mr Dunphy uses any profit from the FA cup to strengthen the Dales position for league one next season, no doubt Mr Hill will need a bigger budget.

Go and troll some where else ehh

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#8 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

Indeed but rather a play on status, point being that all the wet sales at Football, Functions, Work Seminars. inc cost of room hire now go to RAFC. Thus the income stream from the Main Lounge and Studds is drastically slashed.

Hence the Stadium has been agreement broken.

For the word own read - all profits

I would'nt crow to loudly, the better the Ratcliffe does, the higher your rent will climb, ask any tenant landlord in any pub in any town.

"Hence the Stadium has been agreement broken."

Must admit, I don't understand this sentance at all.

Kind Regards

The Baron.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

A faulous game at Spotland yesterday with the Dale comfortable winners. The standard of football played by them was superb. I wish them all the best in the remaining League and Cup games.

Just out of interest Studs bar was packed to the doors yesterday. A good day for the Stadium Company. If the Ratcliffe was also full then the Dale could well see an increase in Rent looming. John Willie Lees will be waiting to pounce.

Edited by Big Doug, 05 January 2014 - 03:38 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#10 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Why would the Rugby League cut the throat of a newly promoted team by selling the shares they hold to our " friends " at the Dale ? It doesn't make any sense.

Ps. I'd take you more seriously if you knew how to spell " financially ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 05 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#11 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Apologies I’ll switch the spell checker on – you sound like a school teacher however, reprimand acknowledged.

#12 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I am told that the two clubs are working together closer than has been in the past. Don't rock the boat when there is nothing there. 

Sorry that Dale did not get a better draw. Having said that my relative in Sheffield who is a Wednesday fan says that they are ###### this season.

#13 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

At least it should be another full house. If Leeds are beatable at Spotland then Sheffield W must be.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#14 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

The Stadium Company will also be dissolved in time, RAFC now own all of the Ratcliffe Suite which makes the Councils stake on Spotland pointless, and probably a financilly insecure arrangement open to scrutiny in the current climate.

Agreed on all the Points about Dale, great to see a full Spotland - lets hope today's draw is kind.

After a little bit of digging I think that you will find that RAFC do not own the Ratcliffe. Interesting what you can find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users