Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

roden testimonial

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

The first part of our club legends testimonial is a quiz night Saturday the 1st of February at the club its £2 per person and a maximum of 6 to a team and it starts at 19.30 so lets have a good turn out and raise a few quid. Up the Yeds

#2 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

I am sure all Roughyeds fans will agree with me, in wishing Neil all the very best with his testimonial year and in his new role as the U/20's coach. He has been a great servant to the Club and it is great to see him stay around to share his knowledge and skills with the young players who he will be taking 'under his wing' in the coming months. Good luck 'Ratty'. 

#3 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Good Luck to Neil in his testimonial year and wish him well in his new role.

But I must say once again the  club have treated the previous under 20's coach shabbily, the statement from the club says that Phil Costin had left the club, what it fails to say is that his position was made untenable by club so has to put Neil in the role.

After the three years service he as given to the club he deserved better.

#4 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:31 AM

Phil is a good guy.

we have had a ridiculously high turn over of non playing staff since being reformed. Im not sure what the headcount of off field staff would be in a smalltime operation, but there have been an insane amount of people in / out (pity the tutnstyles aren't ss busy on match day).

Is this due to ch picking his emplyees poorly, or just that he is impossible to work with?

#5 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

You are right, there doesn't seem to be the same loyalty given back to the staff such has they give to the club.

Although in the case of Phil as I stated some time ago it was a case of Naylor wanting to find a position for Roden at the expense of Phil, so I supposed CH had no option but to go along with his head coach.

Shabby treatment though of a man  who has given three years service to the club, gratis, I will be surprised if Roden is doing the same.

#6 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

Yes very shabby treatment again of a Roughyeds employee (paid or not).

Not sure if Roden will be paid, or if HMRC will be paid again. But im sure CH will be OK.

#7 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

The title of this thread was "Roden Testimonial". If you wanted to express your opinion on Phil Costin's departure, you could have started another thread, rather than derail this one.

#8 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Good Luck to Neil in his testimonial year and wish him well in his new role.

But I must say once again the  club have treated the previous under 20's coach shabbily, the statement from the club says that Phil Costin had left the club, what it fails to say is that his position was made untenable by club so has to put Neil in the role.

After the three years service he as given to the club he deserved better.

Hi higgy, Has this come from Phil? because I understand Scott Naylor wanted Rats to work alongside Phil and Phil decided he didn't want to do that. Unfortunately I have not spoken to Phil since he left.

#9 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hi Tosh.

No it did not come from Phil, like yourself I haven't spoken to him I heard about it sometime ago from another source when it happened.

#10 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Quite right saints10coach this should have been a separate topic, apologies to Neil

#11 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

So back to topic, who going to quiz night i will be there for sure

#12 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Myself and Mrs Taff will be gracing you with our presence :) , looking forward to it.

#13 wilsonmarshcankick

wilsonmarshcankick
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Yes one will be there as well..

#14 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Anyone on Twitter can follow the roden testimonial events @NRTestimonial

#15 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

Out of interest, the only mention of any event has been on this thread - are they going to be advertised on the Club website etc. and in the local press?

#16 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Question answered - on the website today!

#17 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the quiz on Saturday but I hope Neil gets a good response to the first event of his testimonial year. He has served the club admirably over the 2 spells he has had at the club over a total of 13 years, scoring a club record of 113 tries and deserves the great support in the year ahead. I shall definitely be attending his future events when possible, but just can't make this one, but if you can, why not get down to Whitebank for his first event, 7.30 for 8pm, and show your support for Neil.

Good luck, Neil,  

#18 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hi the next testimonial event is on Friday 7th march at martin rodens gym in the legends bar address is Body image fitness centre, unit 1 swan lane, hindley, Wigan wn2 4hd. Its £5 a ticket and £5 if anyone wants to sponsor an horse