Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Idris on his Travels

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

35393_20_1.jpg

With just eight weeks to go before the start of the new season, Titans have to come to terms with losing their massive centre.

Jamal signed a five year contract with the GC team in 2012 but now says he wants to be near his family. He's going to Panthers. He's signed a three year deal with the Penrith outfit.

Titans coach John Cartwright will have have problems reorganising  his troops after this bombshell.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Panthers are going to be a team to watch next year.  

Idris was one of the form centres in the NRL before he broke his leg last year.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#3 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

You must be joking,he was very average the two years he was here on the Gold Coast. I think you`ll find he`ll be remembered for his days at the Bulldogs,he`s definitely on the downward spiral and is nowhere near worth $400,000 a year.

#4 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Panthers are going to be a team to watch next year.  

Idris was one of the form centres in the NRL before he broke his leg last year.

Agreed on the first bit. Penrith have assembled a very decent squad, and have got one of the better coaches in the NRL - something that the Titans could do with.

As for Idris, I must have missed his resurgance last year, although admittedly I don't go out of my way to watch the Titans. Hopefully playing in a well coached team with some decent half backs will get him back to his best.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,845 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

00072965_Image.jpeg

I see Brad Tighe has made the journey the other way - Panthers to Titans.

Edited by G Las D, 08 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#6 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

He doesn't seem the same player these days,never looked fully fit at the titans

#7 dian11

dian11
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Brad Tighe is a great player :) I love it :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users