League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax sunday

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Just seen on twitter its been changed to mount on sunday with a 2pm kick off

#2 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

great stuff.

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Yahoo  :D

Usually a good game against the old women of Fax

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#4 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Its should of been at mount anyway, 3 friendly's away & one at home was ridiculous

#5 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

From a spectator point of view l can almost see that but when looked at it probably does not make much difference. The Boxing Day match couldn't be at home this year. Financially it is probably better to play St Helens away and it would not surprise me if we lost money if we played at home to Keighley. Not sure what the attendance will be against Halifax but hope it will be high enough to cover costs.

Edited by distantdog, 08 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

After our win against the relegation favorites on Boxing day with our duel reg players and the Bissa commitee, I expect a tougher game this Sunday, but think we will prevail 28 - 16

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#7 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Disagree about saints game dog, as i know of already 20 supporters cant go due to work commitments with it being a friday with travelling up the notorious m62 they wont make it in time, realy silly aving this fixture on a friday anyway

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

This is about finances. We are getting the gate money. There will almost certainly be a bigger gate at theirs than at ours. The hard facts are if 20 of our supporters don't go we may lose £200, if it was at the Mount we would take a lot less than if it was at Saints. Friday is inconvenient for us l agree, as l suggested in my previous post but it is their match night of choice and likely to attract a bigger gate for them.

Edited by distantdog, 08 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

#9 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

As far as I am aware Batley are on guaranteed money against the Saints so there would be no loss to Batley if 20 supporters were unable to get there. 

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Its should of been at mount anyway, 3 friendly's away & one at home was ridiculous

Typical of the RFL eh?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

This is about finances. We are getting the gate money. There will almost certainly be a bigger gate at theirs than at ours. The hard facts are if 20 of our supporters don't go we may lose £200, if it was at the Mount we would take a lot less than if it was at Saints. Friday is inconvenient for us l agree, as l suggested in my previous post but it is their match night of choice and likely to attract a bigger gate for them.

Judging by their gates last season, and the fact that it'll be their supporters first chance to get a look at the clubs new signings for 2014, I'd hope that there'll be at least 3-4 thousand at the Saints friendly. This should prove a most profitable piece of the Walmsley deal.

Posted Image

#12 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

As far as I am aware Batley are on guaranteed money against the Saints so there would be no loss to Batley if 20 supporters were unable to get there.

I'd read somewhere that Batley got all the gate.
SIGNATURE

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

John, what does guaranteed money mean? Do they get a set amount regardless of the gate? The website just states that we get the gate money.

#14 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

With the game been played on Friday (24th January) the week before monthly paid salaries are paid I cannot see the game making Batley more money than if the game was played at home on the 9th February and Saints brought a strong side. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

I disagree. How many would we expect to turn up at the Mount? 2,000? 3,000? If there were fewer than that at Langtree Park I would be disappointed. I just think that with a reasonable turnout this will probably be our biggest grossing match of the season.

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

I disagree. How many would we expect to turn up at the Mount? 2,000? 3,000? If there were fewer than that at Langtree Park I would be disappointed. I just think that with a reasonable turnout this will probably be our biggest grossing match of the season.

Agree. Even with a full Saints squad we wouldn't manage a crowd of more than 700-800 for a friendly at the Mount. Lets not forget that we can barely muster 1000 for a league game. There should be a decent crowd at Saints, who's fans will be looking forward to a first glimpse at their new signings. I think the crowd figure may even surprise some people.

Posted Image

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Kevin Nicholas told a shareholders meeting that Batley would receive a fixed sum or the total gate proceeds whichever was the larger.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Depending on the amount, that seems like a decent agreement. One hopes that the larger amount is the gate receipts due to a sizeable attendance.

Edited by distantdog, 08 January 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#19 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Agree. Even with a full Saints squad we wouldn't manage a crowd of more than 700-800 for a friendly at the Mount. Lets not forget that we can barely muster 1000 for a league game. There should be a decent crowd at Saints, who's fans will be looking forward to a first glimpse at their new signings. I think the crowd figure may even surprise some people.

st helens full strength as us and wigan are there only pre season games and i'd expect 4000+ And there u20s play on the sunday at rochdale plus i don't think nathan brown would want the saints fans on his back straight away like! Q

#20 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Its all very well saying all that, but the 20 fans i mentioned was the only few i knew,they will be considerable more not going for the same reason i.e. friday evening bad day to play, its all very good being only £10 in but what about the fuel cost's its gonna cost & like bulldogtrev pointed out its week before monthly pay & so soon after xmas, fans just cant afford it, & as for the gate recieved don't forget all expences come out of that, i.e. officials fee's, stewards fee's, players fee's backroom staff fee's. i realy want to see this game aswel but my shop doesn't close till 7 & im sure with this deal playing saints is part of the walmsley deal, it could of been pointed out aswel in the deal that the game be played on a sunday so all fans of both teams get to see there players out on the pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users