Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax sunday

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Its all very well saying all that, but the 20 fans i mentioned was the only few i knew,they will be considerable more not going for the same reason i.e. friday evening bad day to play, its all very good being only £10 in but what about the fuel cost's its gonna cost & like bulldogtrev pointed out its week before monthly pay & so soon after xmas, fans just cant afford it, & as for the gate recieved don't forget all expences come out of that, i.e. officials fee's, stewards fee's, players fee's backroom staff fee's. i realy want to see this game aswel but my shop doesn't close till 7 & im sure with this deal playing saints is part of the walmsley deal, it could of been pointed out aswel in the deal that the game be played on a sunday so all fans of both teams get to see there players out on the pitch.

Costs would be the same regardless of where it was played surely? Players do not get paid for friendlies AFAIK it is seen as a training session and a chance to stake a claim for a starting place. 

Saints play all of there home games on a Friday, and have done for a long time so their supporters are used to Friday evening kick offs so why upset the apple-cart for the majority of fans likely to attend the game? You also speak of travel costs putting people off attending, but would this not be the same for the Saints fans travelling to the Mount and as stated earlier there are likely to be 10 times more of them than us.

#22 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

All full time players get paid regardless of a friendly or league or cup game

#23 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

No because this is supposed to be for our fans to see how we fair against a sl team so y should it cost us more

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Couldn't their supporters say it is for their supporters to see their team get a run out too? While it may not suit all of our supporters, or indeed none of them, I think as a supporters cohort, we tend to be looked after relatively well by the club. Sometimes, not everything will happen exactly the way we want. I really believe that the main point of this game is for us to gain as much money as we can from it. we will be able to do that by playing the game at their ground.

#25 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

End of day it was supposed to be in with the deal with alex for our club so them not playing on a sunday is benifiting them and not us and as far as them playing there home games just on a friday is wrong, as they had two friendleys at home + 2 CUP games and with it only being a friendly as u said then theres no reason at all it cant be played on a sunday afternoon, end of day we could argue all night about this but thats my view and same view as many others who wanted to see the game simples.

#26 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

End of day it was supposed to be in with the deal with alex for our club so them not playing on a sunday is benifiting them and not us and as far as them playing there home games just on a friday is wrong, as they had two friendleys at home + 2 CUP games and with it only being a friendly as u said then theres no reason at all it cant be played on a sunday afternoon, end of day we could argue all night about this but thats my view and same view as many others who wanted to see the game simples.

I'm probably not going to be able to make the game, Stevie. However, I'm consoling myself with the thought that the club will make a nice, big, fat wedge of cash that should push us further into the black and might pay for some more improvements to the ground. As distantdog says, things don't always go in our favour as fans, but the game will - in this case, massively benefit the club as a whole.

Edited by TheTerminator, 09 January 2014 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

#27 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

We hope it does Termi, but we wont know exactly how much or how many has gone as like the rams gate lol

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Its all very well saying all that, but the 20 fans i mentioned was the only few i knew,they will be considerable more not going for the same reason i.e. friday evening bad day to play, its all very good being only £10 in but what about the fuel cost's its gonna cost & like bulldogtrev pointed out its week before monthly pay & so soon after xmas, fans just cant afford it, & as for the gate recieved don't forget all expences come out of that, i.e. officials fee's, stewards fee's, players fee's backroom staff fee's. i realy want to see this game aswel but my shop doesn't close till 7 & im sure with this deal playing saints is part of the walmsley deal, it could of been pointed out aswel in the deal that the game be played on a sunday so all fans of both teams get to see there players out on the pitch.

Interesting to see that the gate will be dependent upon how many Doggies fans decide to travel. I just hope that you all hutch up a bit to let a few Saints fans in as well.

:tongue:

You'll make a good few bob and get a run out against top players. I can't see what some of you are moaning about.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Bit baffled with the thread here it was supposed to be about the Halifax game but finishes as a discussion on the Saints game. LOL. Dont know how the money for this friendly works but i would make a educated guess that if there is a set minimum figure somehow the gate monies less expenses will not exceed this. Oh and i hope we have a good attacking display on Sunday and beat Mr Harrisons Halifax by a good margin with a decent attendance.

#30 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Because if it was played on a sunday theyde be alot more doggies fans able to go watch + it would increase the gate money even more for the dogs, not exactly rocket science is it

#31 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I agree greavesy change of topic,i think sunday will probably be our best run out against a top championship side which will be good to see, hope the weather stays good and we have a good attendance like we did boxing day.

#32 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 812 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

i just hope the lads have a good run out and get stuck in, enjoy the game while a few of us are at work.i will rest easy knowing theirs people running the club that know more than us fans do. am sure fax game will wet the whistle of what we have to offer for 2014 season. cant wait. :bb:  :rap: 

#33 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Well said silverback...

#34 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hope kev will ascertain a firm scedule for payment as it wasnt too long again when our visit to Knowsley road in the challenge cup resulted in a much delayed shared gate wedge

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#35 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

Will be interesting to see how we go with no dual reg players in, as the ones on boxing day all made a big impact - this will also go some way to allaying my recurring fears of how light we are in the three quarters, as with no dual reg we are down to the bare bones in the centres and wing for the Halifax friendly, so will be interesting to see how this aspect of our game looks on sunday.

If we dont look very potent out wide as i fear, I hope some of the St Helens windfall will be used to entice / bring in another permanent centre or winger, or maybe 2.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#36 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Batley News says admission at the Shay was £10 and £5 concessions.  Is it the same at the Mount?

#37 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yes. Exactly the same.

#38 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Bargain and may the bright and dry weather continue.
Seems years ago since we had a good 80 minute smashathon at the mount.

Rams leigh feth and leigh away 320 minutes of scintillating football

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Game On or Off?

Feels OK under the frost on the local fields at the mo?

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#40 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Park pond frozen over. Usually a good indicator. Its bloody cold
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users