Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Halifax sunday

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Match definitely ON, according to club's twitter feed!

#42 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Game is deffinatley on guys!

#43 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Am   I invisible?

#44 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

Game is on

#45 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Game is on.

#46 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

Are we gonna have regular score updates ??

#47 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Last I heard it was 10-4 to Fax

#48 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

10-4 to Halifax, full time.

#49 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Put the big light on kev.
I know it wasnt a classic but I wouldnt mind being able to see the action.

Also nice to see so many batley fans after our first home game after the grand final....

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#50 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Good run out for both teams. Fax's kicking game first half was much better than ours until leatherbarrow came on. Thought we wer the better side second half but lacked a cutting edge to take advantage. Enjpyed it tho

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#51 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Slugfest throughout. Could've gone either way. Fax stretched our line at times but nothing in it really. Bring on the Saints :)
SIGNATURE

#52 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Slugfest throughout. Could've gone either way. Fax stretched our line at times but nothing in it really. Bring on the Saints :)
SIGNATURE

#53 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

No ideas near the line as was the case in a lot of games last season. But on the plus side defence was outstanding and i dont think many packs will get the better of ours this season. Halifax never broke us which is a good sign. In my view we are definately a couple of quality threequarters light  but i still see a good season ahead. decent attendance too on a bitterly cold day. all in all more plusses than minuses . 

#54 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

No ideas near the line as was the case in a lot of games last season. But on the plus side defence was outstanding and i dont think many packs will get the better of ours this season. Halifax never broke us which is a good sign. In my view we are definately a couple of quality threequarters light  but i still see a good season ahead. decent attendance too on a bitterly cold day. all in all more plusses than minuses .

kear said we'd be alright grand final not won in pre season as shown last year and we just need the killer touch can't wait for the pitch to dry up and i think leatherbarrow and leak could have plenty of field days

#55 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

What was the attendance yesterday? Halifax didn't seem to bring as many as they usually do. The stands behind the posts are usually full for a Fax game.

Also, what are people thoughts on Reittie's try? The report suggests forward pass.

Edited by BatleyFanAndy, 13 January 2014 - 10:53 AM.

SIGNATURE

#56 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Think we deffo need another couple of halfbacks, black way past his best now & cant even get any distance kicking to touch, game change alot for the better when leatherbarrow came on & took over, also think we need a proper goal kicker coz pattersons no good, seem to be lacking in attack big style, its ok having a great defence but that doesn't score try's...

#57 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Must admit we looked short of ideas near their line yesterday. Certainly need to get some set moves practised. We had enough possession in the second half to have at least equalised if not win the game. Going on from that, why is it when we get a penalty in the opponents half we nearly always take a tap? We then have 2 or 3 drives which takes us up to the position we could have been in if we had kicked for touch and we would then have had the 6 tackles to try and drive over.

Agree re the goal kicking, Patterson does not seem to be very confident and missed at Dewsbury as well as yesterday. As we are likely to have forward dominated, low scoring matches the ability to take any points on offer by the way of penalties and especially conversions is vitally important.

#58 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Must admit we looked short of ideas near their line yesterday. Certainly need to get some set moves practised. We had enough possession in the second half to have at least equalised if not win the game. Going on from that, why is it when we get a penalty in the opponents half we nearly always take a tap? We then have 2 or 3 drives which takes us up to the position we could have been in if we had kicked for touch and we would then have had the 6 tackles to try and drive over.

Agree re the goal kicking, Patterson does not seem to be very confident and missed at Dewsbury as well as yesterday. As we are likely to have forward dominated, low scoring matches the ability to take any points on offer by the way of penalties and especially conversions is vitally important.

#59 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Deffo fred, there seems to be no fire at moment or someone like flanners who scared defences with his darting runs....

#60 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Didnt miss miss that at all but still didn't get anywere near a result, especially the 1st half, i think we was clueless nr the line with the possesion we had, think fax was much better than us in the 1st 40 especially kicking wise, like i said, we got much better with introduction of leatherbarrow & i think him and leak could work well together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users