TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

London's Signings for 2014 (Merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#41 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Bronco's haven't confirmed this yet, am assuming confirmation will depend on a work permit maybe? either that or they are just being as useless with their communication as usual..

They've said that they won't make any announcements until visas are confirmed.

#42 Aucks Warriors

Aucks Warriors
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Another product of NZ union school system great player but a broken angle during the Warriors under 20's two years ago kept him out quiet a bit. Should be in the Samoan RL team in the near future.

#43 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

you are a marketing genius!! Change the name of an internationally known brand!

I see you have left Swinton alone! The joke of a club, they don't play in Swinton and are a reserve side for Warrington! They seriously need to get their act together sort a ground out and link up with Salford to provide them with players!!

The day that Man Utd appoint me their marketing manager is the day that I start preparing them for life in the non-leagues.

Swinton may no longer play in Swinton but they at least did so for the majority of their history and they've always played under the Swinton name.

Man Utd only played in Manchester in their very early days and they were called Newton Heath (when they weren't Yorkshire and Lancashire railway). They only called themselves "Manchester" when they left Manchester.

That makes them more of a joke than London Wasps.

#44 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Another product of NZ union school system great player but a broken angle during the Warriors under 20's two years ago kept him out quiet a bit. Should be in the Samoan RL team in the near future.

Is/was he a junior kiwi?

#45 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

I assume you have no choice but to play the Dark Side in most NZ schools, so I won't hold that against him. He's clearly seen the light now. A few of these and a couple of Gill/Dymock types and all will be well.
Scott Moore might be do a job.

#46 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I imagine the pain was acute.

People called Romans they go the house

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

I imagine the pain was acute.

Don't be obtuse. It'll just have been a reflex.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#48 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Try squaring that one away!!!!

Moore and Solomona look good signings.

Why did Moore fail to North Queensland? Seemed to be fine then disappeared off the radar.

#49 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

has Scott Moore signed?..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#50 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

I hear that  London are taking 3 young leeds players on loan all who have played the odd game in super league  .

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#51 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

I hear that  London are taking 3 young leeds players on loan all who have played the odd game in super league  .

Is there any big props who want to make their mark. We sure need a couple?

#52 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Maybe Austin from Wigan? I'm sure some of the excellent fringe players will play for the Broncos.

#53 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

think from leeds it will be duckworth  who is a winger. minns who is a very good centre and foster  who looks good in the 2nd row .

they all need game time at a decent level  and certainly wouldn't let a team down

#54 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

One year deal says a lot does it not....

BTW - A HA8 post code means London Skolars are the London club now as Barnet FC 's revenue stream has not got a London post code anymore...

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#55 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

One year deal says a lot does it not....

BTW - A HA8 post code means London Skolars are the London club now as Barnet FC 's revenue stream has not got a London post code anymore...

Like they had one before with a TW postcode?

#56 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Most London Broncos players have played an odd game in Superleague, thats why they only finished above the Pinks because the Pinks management can't count.

If Solomona does come to London, and the Broncos are short on wages, London is a very lonely place to be for someone with no income.

But look on the bright side, all the Poles are going back home, so maybe he could find a job in Barnet behind a Bar somewhere. (assuming the Romanians don't get there first - Daily Mail/Express headlines next Tuesday)

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#57 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

According to the sunday people....If true i'm happy with that signing.

#58 Henson Park Old Firm

Henson Park Old Firm
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

great news

#59 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

just keep the drinks cabinet locked and you have a good player there

#60 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

The Moore the merrier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users