Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

London's Signings for 2014 (Merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

No, you can't polish a wooden spoon.

#102 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

For the latest London Broncos Bulletin click the link

http://matchdaymail....6518c2fcb54.338

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#103 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

London Broncos have signed Australian wing/centre Jordan Atkins. Ex-North Queensland Cowboys, Parramatta Eels and Gold Coast Titans.

LINK TO STORY

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#104 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Both those clubs finished ahead of Broncos last year. Now Wakey have slumped off field in the meantime but I'm struggling to think what has happened to Widnes that was dramatically worse than what Broncos have gone through lately.

Widnes have lost hock.....

#105 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Cas are much stronger than last year

you've lost your main man and not replaced him! Bad times ahead I'm afraid!

#106 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Not necessarily.  Cas had grown to depend too much on Chase.  Without Chase the team might perform better as a unit and their attacking threats might be more numerous as a result.  They have a decent coach who will be working on new plays too.  IMO Cas will be an unknown quantity this season without Chase and that will be good for Cas.

#107 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Only played half the games last year (an was only effective in half of them) no big loss with Tickle & Galea coming in with Adam Lawton stepping up also

#108 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Cas have actually kept their main man and while ever he's the coach they'll go very well indeed.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#109 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Only played half the games last year (an was only effective in half of them) no big loss with Tickle & Galea coming in with Adam Lawton stepping up also

tickle is a great signing, lets hope he is not past his best and can stay fit, I think hock was huge for widnes and changed games and will be missed!

#110 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Cas have actually kept their main man and while ever he's the coach they'll go very well indeed.

The coach isnt proven at that level and isn't used to being the underdog, chase ran the show and created everything he will be missed and an adequate replacement isnt there! Cas my tip for relegation!

#111 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,150 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

You say it like it's a bad thing.

#112 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

Slyney and Atkins should be good for the Broncos. Both rock solid down to earth grounded players. 

Atkins never let you down, and Slyney played a couple of games for the Brisbane Broncos last year. 

These are the type of players you build a team around. 

#113 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Longy will work his magic, if they can defend they will go OK!

I can see them escaping the drop....the proof will be in the pudding, A good start is a must though for morale! If they can win their first couple they should avoid the drop!

#114 Tex Evans Thigh

Tex Evans Thigh
  • Coach
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

The coach isnt proven at that level and isn't used to being the underdog, chase ran the show and created everything he will be missed and an adequate replacement isnt there! Cas my tip for relegation!

What a pathetically misinformed comment.

Powell is proven with Leeds and pretty much set them up to dominate for last ten years, didnt he finsh top of SL?

Fev were bottom 4 in the championship when he took over and plodding along not really going anywhere. ie. underdogs. He transformed them into the best team in the division over the past few years. Yeah hes rubbish.

Get a grip, and no Im not a cas fan.

You post so much drivel I wouldnt take a tip from you if you came back from 2030 in a delorian with 'The Big Book of RL Results 2000-2030'

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh, 06 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

Posted Image
MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "
Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

#115 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I'm not usually one for stirring it... :onthequiet:

But, if London have signed all these Australians, who else are they going to play in the side? Have they signed any GB eligible players, or is their exemption from the overseas rule still running

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#116 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

What a pathetically misinformed comment.

Powell is proven with Leeds and pretty much set them up to dominate for last ten years, didnt he finsh top of SL?

Fev were bottom 4 in the championship when he took over and plodding along not really going anywhere. ie. underdogs. He transformed them into the best team in the division over the past few years. Yeah hes rubbish.

Get a grip, and no Im not a cas fan.

You post so much drivel I wouldnt take a tip from you if you came back from 2030 in a delorian with 'The Big Book of RL Results 2000-2030'

So he coached Leeds and won diddly squat...we better tell Tony Smith he did nothing to achieve and build the current Leeds dynasty???

He took over at Fev after the two best clubs got promoted without anyone coming down and Leigh got into trouble! Funny then how he dominated with no real opposition??

If he was that good why was he coaching a part-time team for so long?

I have a realists outlook on things if you want to keep along with the same old same old ###### that people spout fair enough! But maybe you should take on board some common sense and listen!!!

Parksider talks a lot of sense and has vision based on facts and previous mistakes, but he/she is shot down constantly by a bunch of dinosaurs who cannot adapt to the 21st century!

Now considering you seem to be stuck in 1955 i wouldn't take a tip off you if you were doc Brown himself!

I am not a cas fan but if they struggle and go down I wont hold my breathe for an apology!!!

#117 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I'm not usually one for stirring it... :onthequiet:

But, if London have signed all these Australians, who else are they going to play in the side? Have they signed any GB eligible players, or is their exemption from the overseas rule still running

They haven't had an exemption for years now.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#118 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,115 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

So he coached Leeds and won diddly squat...we better tell Tony Smith he did nothing to achieve and build the current Leeds dynasty???

Parksider talks a lot of sense and has vision based on facts and previous mistakes, but he/she is shot down constantly by a bunch of dinosaurs who cannot adapt to the 21st century!

How kind. Not sure about shot down? I use the actual facts and statistics instead of wishful thinking - it's easy.

I remember the Powell era well. He didn't do that well at Leeds in the end given he had a top side with the financial backing like he had at Featherstone. Maybe Aston has done better.

But he was held in good regard and they tried to let him down easily, the attitude they took was great young coach who needed to go away gain experience and one day will be in charge of Leeds again.

We shall see with Mr. P, the idea was without Chase the coach will struggle - we will know his abilities soon enough.

#119 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

France international Tony Gigot the latest recruit at the Broncos according to Pete Smith of the YEP on twitter.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#120 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

We won one game under Millward - if you took the league table since Powell took over we would have finished 7th with the same team.

You;re talking nonsense
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users