Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

London's Signings for 2014 (Merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

France international Tony Gigot the latest recruit at the Broncos according to Pete Smith of the YEP on twitter.

Confirmed by Broncos website.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#122 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm surprised the club haven't gone after more French players tbh. They desperately need a big prop or two and I'm sure the likes of Seb Martins and Mathieu Griffi would certainly do a job for a year or two.

Also, and this has been talked about by Broncos fans for a long time now, Tony Rea's management speak is getting worse ad worse with every passing day. From that article - "Tony is a player who has an opportunity to take advantages of his experiences." If that's how he talks to the players it's no wonder there's been so little improvement in them during his time in charge.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#123 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

I'm surprised the club haven't gone after more French players tbh. They desperately need a big prop or two and I'm sure the likes of Seb Martins and Mathieu Griffi would certainly do a job for a year or two.

Also, and this has been talked about by Broncos fans for a long time now, Tony Rea's management speak is getting worse ad worse with every passing day. From that article - "Tony is a player who has an opportunity to take advantages of his experiences." If that's how he talks to the players it's no wonder there's been so little improvement in them during his time in charge.

I agree nad if we can get a quality French prop or two we should sign them as it could make a big difference this year. Im glad we've signed what seems like a decent young halfback with a fair bit of SL experience behind him. We would have been hard pushed without a decent new player at halfback.

#124 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 813 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm not usually one for stirring it... :onthequiet:

But, if London have signed all these Australians, who else are they going to play in the side? Have they signed any GB eligible players, or is their exemption from the overseas rule still running

We've signed two Australians, one Kiwi (who's awaiting a visa), a Tongan and a Frenchman. Hardly a load of Australians. The rest of our signings are English, plus the players we had left over from last season, all are English. 

#125 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Smashing news that about Gigot. Got a lot of time for this lad. Always wanting to push himself. Return to London after Academy stint at Quins. His time at Catalan coincided with chaotic year 2010 unfortunately.He was superb for Avignon against Carcassonne a couple of weeks back.

Rea was chatting to Temata and Vinny Anderson at the match in Perpignan the other week. Both playing over here so checking out who may be available. Seb Martins in Australia and from what I hear is expected to get a run out for the Broncos in their pre-season opener against the Cowboys this weekend.

From the French perspective chuffed that more & more lads are pushing ahead. In SL Larroyer at Hull KR, Fages at Salford and now Gigot at London.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#126 Hvy wg

Hvy wg
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Broncos should be interested on some other Catalans players who are blocked by non-french in Perpignan.

I'm thinking about Jean-Philippe Baile, Frederic Vaccari, Antoni Maria, William Barthau, maybe Mickaël Simon too. They're all international and played the World Cup but will probably get blocked by Oldfied, Pomeroy, Lima, Pryce etc.. at Catalans.

#127 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,860 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

According to Wikipedia (yes, I know!) the current squad now looks like this, plus Gigot:

1 Nesiasi Mataitonga - FB
2 Kieran Dixon - WG
3 Thomas Minns - CE
4 Jordan Atkins - CE
5 Denny Solomona - WG
6 James Woodburn-Hall - SO
7 Mike Bishay - SH, HK
8 George Griffin - PR, SR
9 Scott Moore - HK
10 Nick Slyney - PR
11 Mike McMeeken - SR, LF
12 Matt Cook © - SR
13 Alex Foster - LF, SR
14 James Greenwood - PR
15 Olsi Krasniqi - PR
16 James Cunningham - HK
17 Erjon Dollapi - PR
18 Will Lovell - CE, SR
19 Joel Wicks - CE
20 James Duckworth - WG
21 Mason Caton-Brown - CE
22 Iliess Macani - CE
23 Toby Everett
24 Harvey Burnett - WG
25 Jon Wallace
26 Sean Morris - CE, WG
27 Saeed Agboke - WG

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#128 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

According to Wikipedia (yes, I know!) the current squad now looks like this, plus Gigot:

1 Nesiasi Mataitonga - FB
2 Kieran Dixon - WG
3 Thomas Minns - CE
4 Jordan Atkins - CE
5 Denny Solomona - WG
6 James Woodburn-Hall - SO
7 Mike Bishay - SH, HK
8 George Griffin - PR, SR
9 Scott Moore - HK
10 Nick Slyney - PR
11 Mike McMeeken - SR, LF
12 Matt Cook © - SR
13 Alex Foster - LF, SR
14 James Greenwood - PR
15 Olsi Krasniqi - PR
16 James Cunningham - HK
17 Erjon Dollapi - PR
18 Will Lovell - CE, SR
19 Joel Wicks - CE
20 James Duckworth - WG
21 Mason Caton-Brown - CE
22 Iliess Macani - CE
23 Toby Everett
24 Harvey Burnett - WG
25 Jon Wallace
26 Sean Morris - CE, WG
27 Saeed Agboke - WG

Cor blimey! Look at all them Aussies!

#129 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Toby Everett, big strong athletic back rower/prop with good hands. One for the future.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#130 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,940 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I would love it absolutly love it if the London Broncos were to finish out of the bottom two. Would the RFL alter the rules so that the Broncos still got relegated?

In the RFLs quest to get London relegated anything is possible.

#131 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,328 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

I would love it absolutly love it if the London Broncos were to finish out of the bottom two. Would the RFL alter the rules so that the Broncos still got relegated?

In the RFLs quest to get London relegated anything is possible.

I assume that is just a trolling post?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#132 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

I assume that is just a trolling post?

+1

#133 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

I saw a video of that Macani on Instagram earlier, by god the kid can shift! I'd put good money on him being the fastest player in super league

#134 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

We won one game under Millward - if you took the league table since Powell took over we would have finished 7th with the same team.

You;re talking nonsense

in your opinion of course!

Time will tell!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users