Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Spain Rugby League (Merged threads)

Spain Belgium

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

venues now confirmed for the games
WESTERN EUROPE TEST FIXTURES
Netherlands v Germany, venue TBA, 2 May
Belgium v Spain, Centre Sportif de Neder-Over-Heembeek, Brussels, 24 May
Spain v Belgium, Campo de Rugby la Pelosa, Valencia, 8 June
Belgium v Netherlands, Centre Sportif de Neder-Over-Heembeek, Brussels, 28 June

http://www.rugbyleag...e-test-fixtures
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#22 jus de couchon

jus de couchon
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

The Basque area of Spain is potentially a great place to promote RL. Look at Catalans. Don't make same error the  RLWC14 did with USA and Italy by replacing their players with Australians. The game goes nowhere otherwise.

#23 BJW

BJW
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Still no news on kick off time ? Sent a few emails but no answer so looks like I won't be going, as ferries rapidly filling as it's Bank Holiday weekend. Price already over £80 return (travelling at silly times) so will go to HKR-London instead.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

#24 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

The first group of nineteen Spanish referees have received their Level 1 qualification following a three-day visit from RLEF tutor Phil Smith in Valencia. The training course supports the first ever Spanish championship, which kicked off in late March between five clubs.

Smith, a member of the RLEF’s first Match Official Development Squad, which was formed in February, said: “The delegates were all players from clubs spread across the region and their passion and commitment for the game shone through. With their know-how of the basics improving they can now go back and help raise standards in their own domestic competition, which is making rapid progress in such a short period of time.”

After the course, Smith observed a Spanish Championship match between Irreductibles/CREM and CRAC which the home side won 38-30, with three of the course graduates officiating the first half and Smith refereeing the second.

Asociacion Espagna de Rugby League general secretary, Aitor Davilas is pleased with the progress being made by rugby league’s newest nation:

“The press in Spain is talking about rugby league more than ever,” he noted. Phil's work has helped everyone become more aware of the sport and of our positive vision as an organization.”

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#25 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

The AERL - Spanish Association of Rugby League - is working hard to promote the sport in the country.  The national team will face Belgium in their first-ever international on May 24th, having taken delivery of the inaugural kit.  A five team competition, already underway, looks as though it will have a sixth side from Valencia in the near future and schools are set to start playing the sport in October.

ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA DE RUGBY LEAGUE

erl@outlook.es

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#26 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

http://wibostore.com...by/rugby-league

rldfsignature.jpg

#27 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

I believe they only ship to Spain, unfortunately.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#28 brooza

brooza
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Got mine ordered. I don't think they take web payments either. My friend that ordered them for me got an invoice and had to do a bank transfer!

Hopefully they'll be delivered within the next week or I'll have to get them shipped over after I'm back

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spain, Belgium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users