TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Spain Rugby League (Merged threads)

Spain Belgium

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

Custodians look to be a police team.  Having lived here since August, there's an utterly amazing 3G rugby pitch out by the motorway, not a million miles away from the universities.  I can only hope one of the teams is basing themselves over there.

The Griffons are based at Cantarranas at the uni. Been to see them a couple of times when I've been over there

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#42 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:31 AM

The Cantarranas pitch is right in the middle of the UCM campus.  It's also where another team, "the International People of Madrid RL" are basing themselves.  I sometimes take my wife all the way to work in Aravaca and the bus goes by the side of the campo.  It's a bog-standard grass rugby pitch really, which will be like playing on concrete in the summer.

However, out where the A-6 meets the M-30, is Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro.  There's a 3G rugby pitch with bleachers that probably seat around 250.  Tennis, padel, swimming, golf.  The problem is that I think this is more tightly controlled by the RU federation in Madrid.  The other issue is that it has limited public transport, just two buses stop nearby that go in and out of Moncloa.  However, it's a much better setup than Cantarranas.

Beckenham Bears RL - Rugby League in South East London

#43 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

The Cantarranas pitch is right in the middle of the UCM campus.  It's also where another team, "the International People of Madrid RL" are basing themselves.  I sometimes take my wife all the way to work in Aravaca and the bus goes by the side of the campo.  It's a bog-standard grass rugby pitch really, which will be like playing on concrete in the summer.

However, out where the A-6 meets the M-30, is Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro.  There's a 3G rugby pitch with bleachers that probably seat around 250.  Tennis, padel, swimming, golf.  The problem is that I think this is more tightly controlled by the RU federation in Madrid.  The other issue is that it has limited public transport, just two buses stop nearby that go in and out of Moncloa.  However, it's a much better setup than Cantarranas.

I imagine it's better than having to climb through a hole in the fence to get out at night...

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#44 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

It's that classic case of you can either have the good position or the good facilities, not both.

Beckenham Bears RL - Rugby League in South East London

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spain, Belgium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users