Spain Belgium

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

So I won't be watching Custodians because they're hosting their first game on Easter Sunday, 20 kilometers outside the city.

#62 TheLegendOfTexEvans

TheLegendOfTexEvans
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

Spain Round 2

Almogàvers XIII 32-30 Valencian Warriors
Irreductibles Mislata 8 - 40 Tigres Torrent
Custodians Madrid 38-46 Ciencias XIII
Alcoià Comtat - rest week

http://www.spainrugb...-nacional/c1xve

Edited by TheLegendOfTexEvans, 13 April 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#63 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

http://www.rlef.eu.c...for-first-youth

rldfsignature.jpg

#64 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Sadly missing Custodians vs. Griffons today because this time they're in Getafe and not even the centre of Getafe.  I have to work tomorrow, I have to do preparation this evening, I'm really not up for a near-four hour roundtrip.  The one game which was in a decent spot (Hortaleza), I missed because of family commitments.

#65 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Not to tread on any toes...

Results w/e 18/19 April:

MADRID RUGBY LEAGUE SERIES (Liga de Desarrollo)

Custodians Madrid 22-32 Griffons Madrid

FRIENDLY

Gladiadores Mérida 56-16 Córdoba Fénix

COPA DE ESPAÑA Semifinals

Valencian Warriors 30-26 Ciencias XIII

Tigres Torrent 20-24 Irreductibles Mislata

Massive win for the Griffons in Getafe.

#66 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

going by the scores
some good games

#67 Usera

Usera
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Not to tread on any toes...

Results w/e 18/19 April:

MADRID RUGBY LEAGUE SERIES (Liga de Desarrollo)

Custodians Madrid 22-32 Griffons Madrid

FRIENDLY

Gladiadores Mérida 56-16 Córdoba Fénix

COPA DE ESPAÑA Semifinals

Valencian Warriors 30-26 Ciencias XIII

Tigres Torrent 20-24 Irreductibles Mislata

Massive win for the Griffons in Getafe.

I managed to get to the game in Perales del Rio which, as you said, is not even in the centre of Getafe.

Griffons managed to really pick up in the second half after looking shaky at first. The scored a nice try after a really powerful guy, Thierry, ran about 70 metres from kick off.

Plenty of mistakes but looked like a team in the second half.

Not a bad game and also good to see a side now in Mérida

#68 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

Good to make your acquaintance, Usera. I don't have transport here, just a B1 abono so I can get from Plaza Castilla (I live near Ventilla and Valdeacederas metro stations) to my job in Alcobendas. So going to Penales del Rio means going through the city to Vilaverde Bajo and getting a bus. Adding up the time on transport and the potential waiting times, it could be 1 hour 15 to 2 hours, maybe even more. If I'd had a car, I would have gone.

Did Griffons have a bigger squad this time? Last time they had just 13. There needs to be more teams in Madrid and it there's interest, I'll help out however I can.

#69 Usera

Usera
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

Good to make your acquaintance, Usera. I don't have transport here, just a B1 abono so I can get from Plaza Castilla (I live near Ventilla and Valdeacederas metro stations) to my job in Alcobendas. So going to Penales del Rio means going through the city to Vilaverde Bajo and getting a bus. Adding up the time on transport and the potential waiting times, it could be 1 hour 15 to 2 hours, maybe even more. If I'd had a car, I would have gone.

Did Griffons have a bigger squad this time? Last time they had just 13. There needs to be more teams in Madrid and it there's interest, I'll help out however I can.

Hi,

If they play in Perales again, and I can go, I can give you a lift from Legazpi. I will have to watch out for the fixtures as I almost missed this one.  The game was orginally meant to be at the Juan de la Cierva Sports centre, which is close to Getafe centre and has metro and train stations nearby. It has a decent grandstand as  well, although the pitch was in very poor condition last time I saw it.

I had to go off straight after the game so had little time to talk, but they appeared to have at least of couple of subs.  I was told that the stand-off was French and had played before, and he seemed to organise things better. The scrum half was okay as well. They were poor in the first half but managed to play a lot better in the second half when they controlled the ball a lot more and finished as a worthy winner.

Maybe they can play at Hortaleza next time, as it is a lot easier to get to.

#70 Usera

Usera
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

Match report:

http://www.spainrugb...cf2731334e015cb

#71 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi,

If they play in Perales again, and I can go, I can give you a lift from Legazpi. I will have to watch out for the fixtures as I almost missed this one.  The game was orginally meant to be at the Juan de la Cierva Sports centre, which is close to Getafe centre and has metro and train stations nearby. It has a decent grandstand as  well, although the pitch was in very poor condition last time I saw it.

I had to go off straight after the game so had little time to talk, but they appeared to have at least of couple of subs.  I was told that the stand-off was French and had played before, and he seemed to organise things better. The scrum half was okay as well. They were poor in the first half but managed to play a lot better in the second half when they controlled the ball a lot more and finished as a worthy winner.

Maybe they can play at Hortaleza next time, as it is a lot easier to get to.

Awesome, that would be amazing! I almost missed this one too, I saw it by chance on the Madrid RL page rather than on the individual team pages. I wanted to offer help with graphic design too because I designed (and still design) posters for my old team.

There's no critical mass behind RL so of course venues won't be ideal. I'm not moaning, just frustrated by my inability to get out there. Looking at the union game - both club and university - there seems to be a lot of pitch sharing, unless you go outside the city where some teams have their own pitch, like Tres Cantos. I was told that Getafe is a Custodians venue rather than a Griffons one.

For me, Getafe and that area should be kept seperate from Madrid.  You would think a "Metrosur" team could work in its own right. Between Alcorcón, Leganés, Getafe, Fuenlabrada and Móstoles, there's probably over 900,000 people down there.  In fact, if the Area Metropolitana and the Henares Corridor could divided up, there's probably potential for four teams plus Custodians as a police team.  That would be a great basis for a league in central Spain, though this is spitballing and a long-way off.

The last game was a draw and Griffons had just 13, which we all know is going to hurt you if the opposition have a full bench.  I actually told the Griffons' chairman that if they had more than 13 this time, they'd probably beat Custodians and so they did.  Good to hear about the game but how did Custodians do?  Were they just not at it?

The best venue of all for position is probably Cantarranas and the best quality pitch is Puerta de Hierro, out by the M-30/A-6 junction.  Tres Cantos is a great setup, though it has a running track and is in Zone B2.

#72 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Latvia 6-38 Spain.

Looks as though Spain will face Malta in September.

#73 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Latvia 6-38 Spain.

Looks as though Spain will face Malta in September.

12-32. Spain will play Malta and Greece.

rldfsignature.jpg

#74 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, I believe I got the score third hand.  It was probably 16-60 by the time the score got to Galicia.

#75 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

Anybody know where Custodians will play this weekend on their grand tour of the Madrid metropolitan area. This may be my last chance.

#76 adamhkr

adamhkr
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

NEWS FROM RLEF WEBSITE

More good signs coming from Spain

The Spanish Rugby League Association’s (AERL) plans to launch provincia leagues underpinning the natoinal championship becomes a reality on 30 May when the Andalusian Regional League kicks off in southern Spain. The competition comprises teams from the three provinces of Cordoba, Seville and Malaga and will play on six dates for a total of 12 matches until the end of July.

Miguel Angel Mudarra, President of AERL Andalucia, said, "We are really proud of the work we have done at club level to organise the first regional rugby league championship in Spain. The work of the last couple of months has been huge, both at the organisational, logistical level as well as increasing the training given to our referees. We believe it will be an exciting and very competitive championship and I wouldn’t like to predict a winner."

The first round will start with the matches between Córdoba Phoenix versus Mineros Peñarroya and on the same day Bandoleros Ronda versus Coria Samurais. The AERL has concentrated a lot of its focus on Andalusia this year, running coaching and match officials courses to prepare the local rugby league community, which now totals six teams, only one less than the Valencian Region, the birthplace of Spanish rugby League.

Aitor Dàvila, general secretary of AERL and RLEF level 1 coach educator, said, "Andalucia is already the second biggest regions in terms of the number of players and clubs and the championship we're announcing today is evidence of the game’s progress in the south. Andalusia, like Valencia, is witnessing rapid development and interest and with the best possible level of coaches and referees, thanks to the help of the RLEF. From the AERL’s point of view, we have high hopes for the future in this championship."

Javier Vergara, director of the Andalusian competition, said, "Today we have the honour to announce the first regional league in our country, and I would like to thank our clubs, the volunteers as well as the AERL and RLEF. The Western Development League the AERL launched with southern and Madrid clubs, and the coach and referee courses run in our region laid the foundations of this competition and as our President said, we all hope they will be very competitive. "

Besides the four participants in the Andalucía Regional League, Sevilla RLFC and Tercios XIII Tomares, both development teams, complete the southern Spanish group.

#77 kiwis 13 6

kiwis 13 6
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

Well done come a long way in relatively short time frame... the people behind Spainish rugby league need to give the french federation some tips on how to spread the game into areas of france where the sport is little known!

#78 bbfaz

bbfaz
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

I trained with the Madrid Griffons the other night.  I know, I'm too fat and slow and old but they're a nice bunch of lads, a lot of fleet footwork and speed.  The aforementioned Thierry clearly knows what he's doing and is a nice chap.  If they have a pack, they're a difficult outing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spain, Belgium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users