- - - - -

NRL, Auckland 9's, Championship RL and NR Cup showing on UK TV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Premier Sports have announced an enhanced Rugby League package for 2014.

They are showing  games from the Northern Rail Cup and Championship and Championship1

There's also big coverage of the Auckland 9's comp.

Plus there's every game of the NRL season which amounts to 8 games in a normal weekend.

They are also showing the State of Origin series and the NRL play-offs and Grand Final

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 oikee

oikee
  • Coach
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

That is a very tasty little package that Premier sports has grown. I tell you what, if and when i move to England, i will be buying that package in the blink of a eye. Fantastic to be able to see rugby league on this level all in the UK. 

Better than Pay TV Australia and leaves Free-to-Air in Australia for dead. 

I bet it is cheap as well. Premiersports will build this package only to get outbid one day by sky or BBC, they will then probably kill the package off and do a channel nine and kill the game. 

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

To be fair Sky have had SL and NRL as a package when RL here moved to the summer. Maybe because they had both they didn't feature or value NRL as much as Premiers Sports do now.

In the days when it was split between Sky and the BBC it usually felt like an underling sport with Sky majoring on soccer and the BBC who treated it like a novelty northern game they could use when there was no Union on.

BBC still have the Challenge Cup coverage and to be fair, Sky brought the production values and camera work to higher levels, lifting the bar for 'auntie' to follow.

The advantage of PSTV is that they do feature Rugby League as a key part of their portfolio. All they need now is Super League to join them and we'd have a superb value for money package that did justice to our great game.

#4 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,007 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

This should be a two day spectacular. It has caught the imagination of rugby league fans.

To have so much of it shown here on TV in the UK is brilliant!

With every seat at the ground sold and more temporary seats being installed for the weekend, the atmosphere will be fantastic.

What a great idea well organised and located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users