Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Latest update from the Trust

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Is on our website http://www.lionstrust.co.uk

#2 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Well Done to the Trust and thanks for all your hard work. Has the venue for home games this season been confirmed yet?

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Great news! Looking forward to hearing the details and what Dr Koukash has to say.Hopefully a big turnout to show the strength of feeling for the club.

#4 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well done to everyone who has worked so hard behind the scenes to make this a reality! Lets move onwards and upwards from here, I cant wait for this meeting on Thurs. :D

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#5 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

The historic debt being cleared is surely a great piece of news
As I suspect is the rest of the news reading between the lines
Yet again a meeting I can't attend !
Well done Lions Trust for all your excellent efforts so far

Edited by mark richardson, 10 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#6 garglecheerio

garglecheerio
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

All is now starting to sound positive which I good news. Looking forward ro hearing about it all in greater detail.

Will Thursdays meeting now incorporate the trust AGM or will that still go ahead as planned on tuesday?

#7 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the latest update and the effort put in by the Trust.  It will be very interesting to here more detail on the how, why and wherefore behind the latest news. 

#8 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Great news, thank you guys, so 2 meetings next week - great to get back into Rugby League mode

#9 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Well done to the trust.

So far, so good. Keep up the (very) good work

Roll on the good times!

#10 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

It sounds like things are moving in the right direction at long last,and the signs seem to be very encouraging.Maybe home is not that many miles away now.And even though I have not been to games for a while,I think that a lot of credit has to go to the Trust as it seems that they have achieved a hell of a lot more in a relatively short space of time compared to others.I personally think that Swinton RLFC ARE COMING HOME AT LONG LAST.Yes it may unfortunately not be a 5 minute task as all interested parties,both for and against the building of a new stadium will and must have their say,but protocol and laws must be followed and applied fairly,frustrating though it may perhaps be.I think that there is now some light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel,might not be there yet but it is getting closer.

#11 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Well Done to the Trust and thanks for all your hard work. Has the venue for home games this season been confirmed yet?

Thanks John, no the venue for home games hasn't been confirmed yet, there's been more going on to concern ourselves with. Suffice to say that LSV are still keen to have us there.

#12 Martin

Martin
  • Coach
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

All is now starting to sound positive which I good news. Looking forward ro hearing about it all in greater detail.

Will Thursdays meeting now incorporate the trust AGM or will that still go ahead as planned on tuesday?

The Trust AGM will still go ahead on Tuesday as it's a legal requirement. As with all companies this will only be open to shareholders i.e, paid-up members.

The meeting on Thursday is an open meeting for all supporters. Although we hope all will be members by the end of evening :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users