Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Feelgood Factor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

After supporting this Club for  over 50 years i cannot remember a better run Hunslet Club, the Sponsers Dinner last Friday, the Xmas Dinner, the little things behind the scenes like the Twitter page and merchandising have improved so much.The only thing thats gone downhill is this Forum, so lets get it back to where it once was with good rugby debate. I personally cant wait for the new season to start though think RL is in a massive crisis with the likes of Bradford and London in mortal danger of joining of going under and for mine both should be demoted if rumours of financial mismanagement are true.

Our squad looks fit and strong enough to win this division and apart from failing to deal with 3 kicks that led to tries there was little in it at fev on new years day, the weather though was the real killer and open rugby was impossible.

Posted Image

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Steve Featherstone made Wakefield look like selling platers Sunday fitter stronger and the winners mentality which I think Hunslet can acquire in Championship One once the players have had time to Gel. The Coyles once fit taking control from the rucks and im hoping Grimmer and Morn forging a devastating partnership down the left. Really liked the look of akaidere and malpals on the wings and Mick Hayley getting back to the form he showed at Feth.I think there will be some more new comers who are going to impress the supporters as well as the established ones once the season gets underway. I have been praising the way the Club is being run for quiet a while now getting on board sponsorship of that magnitude in this day and age can only be classed as amazing, if only all the hard work could attract a response from the stay away fans and new ones then I can see a lasting future for a club that was on the brink of extinction.

Edited by suzzy, 13 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

chappy

#3 Bigm1

Bigm1
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Agree with all the comments above - well done to HIST in the way they're moving the club forward.

On paper we have a great squad which should be really competitive. Can anyone confirm who gets promoted? Is it the league leaders, which we can have a real tilt at, or is it a Grand Final winner with all the banana skins knock out football can bring?

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi Col, i noticed Chisholm got 3 tries and m.o.m. yesterday, some didnt rate him on here but if he can catch the damn ball he will take some stoping, still remember the half time try dissalowed at Batley which cost us that game, the video showed it a definate try.I think Leeds are mad to let Keinhorst go to Wakey on a season long loan as well, the kid is a class act.

Posted Image

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Agree with all the comments above - well done to HIST in the way they're moving the club forward.

On paper we have a great squad which should be really competitive. Can anyone confirm who gets promoted? Is it the league leaders, which we can have a real tilt at, or is it a Grand Final winner with all the banana skins knock out football can bring?

I would assume whoever finishes top of the league would get promoted plus the GF winner but this is RL we are talking about, can anyone confirm? I did get told 5 would be coming down from the Championship next season.

Posted Image

#6 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

It will be one up via the play offs

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hi Col, i noticed Chisholm got 3 tries and m.o.m. yesterday, some didnt rate him on here but if he can catch the damn ball he will take some stoping, still remember the half time try dissalowed at Batley which cost us that game, the video showed it a definate try.I think Leeds are mad to let Keinhorst go to Wakey on a season long loan as well, the kid is a class act.

Steve you hit the nail on the head he is going to do well at Feth hes strong and his speed well you cant buy that but Wakey didn't turn up the first try was a joke a ###### pass to Moore from Mathers turn over and Feth scored with ease. Looking forward to seeing you at the home games mate will be with the family up stairs no doubt.
chappy

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Very similar to Ritchie Barnett col , another ex winger who though prone to mistakes can score some cracking tries. The Fev ground certainly looks well with the new stands and tbh they deserve a crack at SL though losing Finn,y for Moore is a big blow imo.Hopefully see you at the Leeds friendly mate.

Posted Image

#9 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

WHO GETS PROMOTED?-- I did ask this question a few weeks back, because I had read somewhere that only 1 team goes up, and thats the GRAND FINAL WINNER and not the the club who finish top of the league. Which makes me ask-- why bother with the league games, just have a knock out competition about August climaxng in the Grand Final..

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

So you can win every game ie 20 wins out of 20 then lose 1 game by a point in the last minite in a play off and not get promoted ? madness

Posted Image

#11 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

Lets have some positive thinking here win every league game win the Grand final get promoted simple as that. Getting promoted for 2015 will ensure we get a crack at the big boys again that has to be the aim theres not going to be a Koukashe or a Mark Cambell to bank roll us but we have to live the dream and it starts now in 2014 Featherstone has done it why cant Hunslet .
chappy

#12 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

Positive thinking yes, but realistic thinking yes, yes-- if we win every league game and then get beat in the play offs what would you think then suzzy?

Could do with a statement from the club  re 1 CLUB ONLY UP, AND DID WE VOTE FOR THIS FORMAT?

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

IF Blackpool Hawk is about im sure he can give us the imfo ?
chappy

#14 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Surely the RFL, not the club, should be the ones telling us how many are going up (and how) ... and I can't find any "official" info, so I'll stick my neck out and assume they've not properly decided yet.

And to assume further, I guess that's because they've not actually decided the make-up of the leagues in 2015 yet. The rumour (I don't think it was ever anything more) of five or six down and only one up developed at the time when the "2 x 12 then 3 x 8" idea was doing the rounds at the back end of last year to get the right numbers in the top two divisions.

That seems to have fallen apart now, so until we hear something about how the 2015 structure will look, I don't think we'll officially be told about how promotion will work from our division.

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

Suppose you could argue that if you don't go up this year, it it the end of the world? 

2015 Championship 1 will be a pretty strong & good quality league if 4 or 5 teams come

down from the current Championship

Also need to consider just how much cash you will need to actually compete

week in - week out in the SL2 or re-vamped Championship in 2015

Edited by shades2, 14 January 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#16 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Surely the RFL, not the club, should be the ones telling us how many are going up (and how) ... and I can't find any "official" info, so I'll stick my neck out and assume they've not properly decided yet.

And to assume further, I guess that's because they've not actually decided the make-up of the leagues in 2015 yet. The rumour (I don't think it was ever anything more) of five or six down and only one up developed at the time when the "2 x 12 then 3 x 8" idea was doing the rounds at the back end of last year to get the right numbers in the top two divisions.

That seems to have fallen apart now, so until we hear something about how the 2015 structure will look, I don't think we'll officially be told about how promotion will work from our division.

I've heard the RFL are to make an announcement an hour before the grand final kicks off

#17 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

shades 2 . Good points .......  2015  Will be Hunslets year . ......This season for me will be another MASSIVE  Learning curve .........

#18 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

As a committed supporter you should always hope for the best regarding the club you follow or otherwise you wouldn't be committed would you
chappy

#19 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

This is probably why i don't have much feeling for the pro game these days , the clubs do all they do and then you have muppets like these's running the game , rule's change"s every year , the RFL don't want clubs like our's no more , thats why over time the fan's are walking away from the game........

Edited by Blackbeard, 15 January 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#20 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Blackbeard , Spot on . As another season starts . No one seems aware of ... Will there be any promotion ? How many teams to go up ? Will it be the League winners ?  OR Should there be play offs , The  Play off Winners . What A Joke ...........................................

ALSO .  Why has  Jimmy Klienhorst , NOT been loned for the season to Hunslet ?????  ........... It shows  US  ALL how much is thought of our D/R  partnership .........by  our  Bed Buggs .............MAJOR  JOKE ....... On US ..........