Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Feelgood Factor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#21 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

shades 2 . Good points .......  2015  Will be Hunslets year . ......This season for me will be another MASSIVE  Learning curve .........

Just worries me if the likes of Hunslet, York, Oldham, Skolars etc went up that they would

have to find serious money to out-bid Fev, Fax, Sheffield, Leign etc to sign quality players

& then convince them that they will get the same amount of winning money over the season

#22 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

Blackbeard , Spot on . As another season starts . No one seems aware of ... Will there be any promotion ? How many teams to go up ? Will it be the League winners ? OR Should there be play offs , The Play off Winners . What A Joke ...........................................

ALSO . Why has Jimmy Klienhorst , NOT been loned for the season to Hunslet ????? ........... It shows US ALL how much is thought of our D/R partnership .........by our Bed Buggs .............MAJOR JOKE ....... On US ..........

with the amount of players Leeds have loaned out I can only see that we will get players needing a run out then once again a Hunslet lad who has trained all week gets dropped

#23 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

Wakefield will be paying his wages

#24 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

So moan when leeds send us players and moan when leeds send them elsewhere.

Does that about sum it up?

#25 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

So moan when leeds send us players and moan when leeds send them elsewhere.

Does that about sum it up?

who is that a reply to?

#26 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

who is that a reply to?

the rhinos' number 1 fan...hunslet72

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

What would be the point of Keinhorst running riot against young kids from S Wales , Oxford etc, it was obvious he was a class act in the Championship nevermind Championship 1. I cant see any Leeds fringeplayers at Hunslet next year, only today Minns , Foster and Duckworth have gone to London so surely now everyone on here will be happy at last.

Posted Image

#28 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Steve you opening post to this topic is bang on the mark mate and im sure the likes of Hunslet 72 and sgt pepper must have some more positives to say about how the club is being run and how well the squad looks im sure think we have seen enough negativity last year
chappy

#29 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

On a serious note and this is not a pop at anything or anyone, does the thought of playing Gloucester, Hemel, Oxford and theso likes really motivate anyone? Cos it sure doesnt motivate me.

I will go, cos i support my club no matter what division we are in BUT get serious its a shambles playing no bodies (no distrespect to any of the clubs in our league) week in week out, hopefully winning by decent margins most weeeks. This is what weve lowered ourselves to, instead of playing the fevs, sheffield, leigh and halifax etc....

Only my views, but thats how i feel. The thought of it isnt the best and im trying to make the best out of a very bad situation.

Btw geoff - put me and our lass down for rochdale please?

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#30 Sampson for Knighthood

Sampson for Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Oops i forgot to add its not just the hawks i feel like this about but also the shockingly bad football team i follow week in week out. Theyre just as bad if not worse........

F T Q

Celtic FC - SPL winners 2012/13

#31 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Oops i forgot to add its not just the hawks i feel like this about but also the shockingly bad football team i follow week in week out. Theyre just as bad if not worse........

defo worse right now God only knows what might happen at the weekend

#32 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Steve you opening post to this topic is bang on the mark mate and im sure the likes of Hunslet 72 and sgt pepper must have some more positives to say about how the club is being run and how well the squad looks im sure think we have seen enough negativity last year

I think its great news that Leeds are sending so many players out on loan, it should be good for team spirit

#33 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hetherington made it clear before Christmas, that he didn't want Keinhorst and the like, playing in Championship 1. for the very reason that King of Leon pointed out. We will mainly be offered academy players, who would be unlikely to break into the team anyway, but will benefit from the experience.

The DR arangement will be mainly commercial, so a few of you will be a bit happier.......

Although we start the season as clear favourites, don't underestimate some of the "kids" we will be up against. Hunslet will be a big scalp for these teams.

Yes, Gloucester and Hemel aren't particularly glamourous, but we are where we are, and have to make the most of it.

Positivity is the key word here. The club are in a good place, and there are a few more surprises in store.

Keep the faith....

#34 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

With the ending of the Don Valley Athletic stadium wouldnt it be a feather in Leeds Council,s cap if the South Leeds Stadium could be updated with some sort of cover on the far side, just a basic cover like the Gateshead Stadium might bringmore events and revenue to the City on top of the new Arena- which seems to be doing well, the BBC Sport Awards looked really impressive, lets hope Pearl Jam will rock the place later in the year...

Posted Image

#35 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Mystic Meg . You refer to our D/R being on more of a commercial basis . Has much thought being given to this ? Several supporters are staying away due to the choice of partner . ..........

Secondly the Super league supporters wont come , if non of their players are on duty .  A Double Whammy from an attendance  point of view ......

Why  are  we  bothering  with this ?????       D/R with a team that wont loan us any Decent players , to get us out of  Champ.1.

Am  I  missing something ?????????????

#36 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

It's been a while since I have been in here. It became depressing and I went away feeling all moody after being on this forum. Hopefully with the new season ahead things may improve on here.

Anyway. DR worked last year and we had some talent join us throughout the year. Nobody can deny that having Moore, Keinhorst etc didn't do us any favours. Other Hunslet players (I mean 3 or 4) were not up to the mark and that contributed to our demise. I personally would have given Moore Player of the year had he been here long enough and was eligible.

So on to this year- I don't think we need any help this term, I do expect to win the league and I hope we don't fluff the Final of the knock outs.

We have read about Luke Briscoe going to Wakey, Foster, Minns etc going to Broncos and all the Buffoons on the YEP site saying Our team isn't good enough to give them the right experience - rubbish! The fact of the matter is these guys would unlikely get into our team every week so we don't need them. I have watched L Briscoe for years, even for Wakey v Feath last week and he offers nothing at all. Why they invest all that time and money is beyond me. I will even stick my neck out and say we don't need Sutcluffe. Far from ready and doesn't currently give us more than we have.

So Lazenby cup. With these fringe players going out are they not permitted to play now? Who will? I hope it's not the U19s who are really a mix of 16 - 18yr olds now. They are getting beat by other teams their age so that is no good. Are Rhinos gonna play a team like Boxing Day with Hardaker, BJB, etc. That is what we need.
Anyway my train is pulling into the station so gotta go. Stay tooned.

#37 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

Mystic Meg . You refer to our D/R being on more of a commercial basis . Has much thought being given to this ? Several supporters are staying away due to the choice of partner . ..........

Secondly the Super league supporters wont come , if non of their players are on duty . A Double Whammy from an attendance point of view ......

Why are we bothering with this ????? D/R with a team that wont loan us any Decent players , to get us out of Champ.1.

Am I missing something ?????????????

its because of the commercial partnership I am staying away. If it was them supplying us with the odd player when WE need cover and not them unsettling the team so their player can get a run out because they won't pay for an academy team then I would accept it. As it is I can't sorry

#38 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

Secondly the Super league supporters wont come , if non of their players are on duty .  A Double Whammy from an attendance  point of view ......

Why  are  we  bothering  with this ?????       D/R with a team that wont loan us any Decent players , to get us out of  Champ.1.

Am  I  missing something ?????????????

Grey matter?

#39 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

I think we all know 72 is just a windup merchant who dosent actually support the Club, last year he didnt want any Rhinos DR  this year he,s moaning because Keinhorst isnt DR for us....

Posted Image

#40 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Having seen Hunslets last 9 games ,home and away . Think again.

Like York , We didnt get the D/R players to stop relegation ... Several on here were Aggressive in Defence of Our partners , blaming the Injury situation at headingley .

Well make your minds up , NO Injuries now .Players being farmed out to London , Wakefield etc etc.....

H.I.S.T and Hunslet have decided to D/R for a 2nd season . Yet the Decent players are Not helping US....

WE ARE BEING PLAYED . AND HAVE BECOME THE LAUGHING STOCK OF RUGBY LEAGUE ..............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users