• 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Game postponed:

https://mobile.twitt...RochdaleHornets

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

a real pity but always thought with the rain and wind it could be off, rochdale fc who are going well arent gonna want their pitch cut up by a friendly rl game.Wonder if we can arrange anything else before our season kicks off ?

Posted Image

#6 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Just got back from Rochdale. Nice run out in the car! Who do we claim petrol from? Do we claim from Hunslet and they reclaim it from Rochdale, or do we get it direct from them? Arranging refreshments in a brewery spring to mind. I wouldn't care but I put my computer on at 10a.m. and there was no mention that it might be off. I reckon Rochdale didn't want a tonking. Nothing on Hunslet website either.

Edited by gabby, 09 February 2014 - 03:28 PM.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#7 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

sorry to hear that gabby, it was put on here at 11.08 by duck egg and also on twitter around the same time i beleive.

Posted Image

#8 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Just got back from Rochdale. Nice run out in the car! Who do we claim petrol from? Do we claim from Hunslet and they reclaim it from Rochdale, or do we get it direct from them? Arranging refreshments in a brewery spring to mind. I wouldn't care but I put my computer on at 10a.m. and there was no mention that it might be off. I reckon Rochdale didn't want a tonking. Nothing on Hunslet website either.

that's life I guess, at least you only have a car to pay for I would imagine the team bus and supporters bus will still need paying for???

#9 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

We were going but found out off Twitter in good time and a mate

#10 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

sorry to hear that gabby, it was put on here at 11.08 by duck egg and also on twitter around the same time i beleive.

Yes maybe so, but earlier there was no mention it MAY be off as I would have kept checking then.

#11 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Pitch inspection didn't take place till half ten I believe not sure why it was done so late usually do them at 9 am
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#12 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Pitch inspection didn't take place till half ten I believe not sure why it was done so late usually do them at 9 am

what time was kick off?

#13 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

The information the match was off went on Twitter by both Hornets and Hunslet at approx 11-00am four hours before kick off how much more notice did you want for a trip from Leeds which takes one hour at most If you want to set of early the club can not be held responsible matches get called off at this time of year .
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#14 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

got to agree with boro hornet on this one

Posted Image

#15 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

The information the match was off went on Twitter by both Hornets and Hunslet at approx 11-00am four hours before kick off how much more notice did you want for a trip from Leeds which takes one hour at most If you want to set of early the club can not be held responsible matches get called off at this time of year .

well said four hours is loads of time. You could have set off at half one and still have made kick off

#16 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I think the point Gabby is making is that at half-ten yesterday morning there was no indication that a pitch inspection was to take place. As well as on here, I also looked on the Hunslet and Rochdale websites. And so I was another one who arrived at Spotland at 2.40 ish to find the stadium closed.

Wasn't the end of the world for me admittedly, as I had to come "up north" yesterday anyway, but I would certainly have arranged the day differently had I known there was a possibility of postponement.

#17 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

I set off at 1.30 but we don't all live our lives on twitter and facebook, so how was I and others supposed to know. It's certainly made me think twice about going to Rochdale again. I will keep my money in my pocket. Absolute rubbish organisation. When I got there, there was nobody there, just a note on a door saying match off, pitch waterlogged!

#18 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:30 AM

The Hornets website was also updated at the time.If you look on there you can see a picture of the pitch.I do feel sorry that you made the journey over but how else are the club going to get in touch with every supporter coming over.We did Twitter, Facebook, Website News letter was sent out to our members,maybe a phone call to one of the clubs could have helped and saved you the journey.
Hornets like you are a supporters owned club and they would have done every thing they could to get the match on.The income from the match would have been welcomed.
The match was also going to be for The Supporters Direct Rugby League Challenge Shield so the club wanted the match to go ahead.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#19 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

With all the poor weather recently it's best to check before setting off. I half expected it would be postponed

#20 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Why have loads of posts been removed??? There was no swear words, weren't offensive to anyone. get a grip
hunslet hawks champions 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users