Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Refs Boss

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,707 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

870244-tony-archer.jpg

NRL has appointed Tony Archer as their new boss of referees - Elite Referees Perfomance Manager.

Last season saw some controversial decisions made on the pitch and in the video box - remember that try on the seventh tackle.

So Daniel Anderson  leaves the job and returns to club work with Eels.

There are a lot of tough jobs in rugby league, Archer's new job is one of them.

Good luck to him.

Must confess he's not one of my favourite refs.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Probably one of the worse international refs i have ever seen. You would have never thought he was Australian we he refed an international when the Aussies were playing,  cough  cough

#3 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

No,Archer was not a good ref in my opinion,but all this poor reffing has come from Bill Harrigan`s arrogance,though I did think he was a good ref. The game is very simple in its structure,so why make it complicated through getting too technical? The two referee idea of Harrigan`s worked for a while,but I think it`s time to go back to one now and get the linos to take more responsibility,particularly in the forward pass area. Calling players by their Christian names is madness too,another Harrigan innovation,a number is sufficient,no matter who the player is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users