Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Rooney retires

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,356 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

As far as I can tell, Jamie has been brought back to do a specific job for the team over the next few weeks, organising and kicking. It's a pretty good call, as both Kain & Moore have been struggling with knocks. I don't think there's anyquestion of the club building a team around Jamie over the next few seasons or anything like that, but on balance I think it's worth a try. Good luck Jamie!

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#62 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

I fully agree Mark. If the injuries are prevelant to those players he is the ideal stand in. I am all for bringing on young players but we need experience in this position. Looking at some players older than him playing in Sl and in the forwards I reckon we could get some good service from him in our kicking game both goals and positional play not forgetting a bit of old head moves.

#63 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

I think you will find Andy Hay is picking the team now FN as taken his teddy home

well we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't have to bring up previous well documented instances under Darryl and Shez in far less important season's than this one. 

#64 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:29 AM

Might also not harm having an old head with SL experience around in the closing stages of the season, different circumstances as he was brought in as a coach but Sean Long really sparked the team at the end of last season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users