New players

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 tbgfc

tbgfc
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Think times are def changing i think within 5 years i will happen but for it to work i think town and haven need to go and a new cumbria team form that way if you want to see live pro rugby league there will only be one choice in the area

#302 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Think times are def changing i think within 5 years i will happen but for it to work i think town and haven need to go and a new cumbria team form that way if you want to see live pro rugby league there will only be one choice in the area

I stand by what I have said in the past in that there could atleast be a working group set up to look into the idea with no obligation to see if it could happen and what it would involve needing to happen for it to go ahead.then if it isn't possible the idea can be put to bed once and for all. Some haven fans said well you set the working group up then when I mentioned it on their forum but the fact is it would need to be representatives of each clubs and councils and buisnesss etc and not just by fans.

#303 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

There is very ittle chance of it happening in 5 years, or 10 years or more because there will always be the problem of money both to set it up and then to support it. The British Energy Coast would seem to be the most likely source as the BEC reaches from Silloth to Furness but I just can't see it happening.

Maybe if we can find a friend of Dr Koukash with money to back it then, yes, otherwise, sorry.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#304 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

I believe you missed out on a ex Superleague half back last week, after offering him double what his last club were paying him he decided to stay retired.

I think you will find it was another cumbrian club who tried to sign him,and if any one from workington or barrow offered him the money you are saying they would bankrupt themselves point blank.
Posted Image

#305 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I think you will find it was another cumbrian club who tried to sign him,and if any one from workington or barrow offered him the money you are saying they would bankrupt themselves point blank.

ah troutmaster you are talking to another cloak and dagger haven fan on here in audrey. Unlike you and I who use our username on the haven forum they feel the need to hide behind a different username on here. Everytime town make a signing its always the same crack its for daft money. Haven4ever/BKM tells me its wigan kids joining us this week but no doubt it will be for "daft money"

#306 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

When I actual fact they won't be costing a penny. Let's hope it's true

#307 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

ah troutmaster you are talking to another cloak and dagger haven fan on here in audrey. Unlike you and I who use our username on the haven forum they feel the need to hide behind a different username on here. Everytime town make a signing its always the same crack its for daft money. Haven4ever/BKM tells me its wigan kids joining us this week but no doubt it will be for "daft money"

I have just reprimanded him over his post regarding havens quality pitch,i regard that has mischief and not needed,the topic is "new players"not the quality of the pitches.I know he is an havenfan but he is welcome on this site,but,he must stick to the topic and not try to turn things around to suit him.
Posted Image

#308 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

I have just reprimanded him over his post regarding havens quality pitch,i regard that has mischief and not needed,the topic is "new players"not the quality of the pitches.I know he is an havenfan but he is welcome on this site,but,he must stick to the topic and not try to turn things around to suit him.

oh yes they are welcome on here but they change their name for some reason. Haven4ever/BKM is another example

Edited by town4me, 02 February 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#309 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

I see that the poster Bob Gordon's fan club has reared his head again, I want to stress it has nothing to do with me, I know who it is and he is a staunch haven fan who hates anything to do with Town. I totally distant myself from any of his comments.

#310 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Whoever he is I agree with all his comments thus far. HaHa haven did beat us so indeed how can we laugh at their struggle against the `thunder, and its about time some ambition was shown and we pursued the idea of amalgamation

Edited by Oneday, 03 February 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#311 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

I see that the poster Bob Gordon's fan club has reared his head again, I want to stress it has nothing to do with me, I know who it is and he is a staunch haven fan who hates anything to do with Town. I totally distant myself from any of his comments.

I have it in hand bob,i know you are a staunch town and i know about bgfc.Has i said to Town for me they are welcome on the town forum and their posts are welcome,but if they want to abuse the site and genuine town fans they will be given short shrift.If any town fans are bec oming frustrated by any fans please let me know or put it on report and john and myself with will endeavour to put it right.
Posted Image

#312 tbgfc

tbgfc
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I fear i have upset my idol bobby g and for that im sorry as you can see i have never abused any town fan i am however a Realist who can see whats happening with rugby league in this county and bob i dont hate anything to do with town quite the opposite so this will be my last post under the bob gordon fan club

#313 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 875 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I fear i have upset my idol bobby g and for that im sorry as you can see i have never abused any town fan i am however a Realist who can see whats happening with rugby league in this county and bob i dont hate anything to do with town quite the opposite so this will be my last post under the bob gordon fan club

Thankyou for your understanding of your username,please continue to use the site only change the username you are using now for another and i am sure Mr Bob gordon will be pleased with that.
Posted Image

#314 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Thank you for sorting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users