• 697 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

Chriiiist!! ;) ha

#42 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Edited by Cato89, 17 January 2014 - 03:25 PM.

#43 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Wont let me send a PM to you HateTheRec,most people know,im sure someone will send you the names

#44 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

Wont let me send a message to you sorry Hate The rec,

Its ok pal, already have  the names sent to me thanks.

#45 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

Barry and Paul chuckle

#46 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

The convoluted new structure for 2015 has been forced , sorry voted , through . 12 teams in our league next year ( until it becomes 8 , or 2 8's ...don't ask ... ) , so now we know that success has a very high bar this year .

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

The convoluted new structure for 2015 has been forced , sorry voted , through . 12 teams in our league next year ( until it becomes 8 , or 2 8's ...don't ask ... ) , so now we know that success has a very high bar this year .

You were right first time David, forced through because I believe the majority of fans, especially Championship club fans, didn't want it. Clubs voted on this and the promise of more funding swung it the way Woods wanted it.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

Gonna be tough next season fev sheff leigh halifax and batley are gonna make it then theres haven town dewsbury crusaders donny and Keighley fighting for the other 4 and barrow swinton and rochdale could surprise a few all good teams

#49 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

It's a total dogs breakfast . It's all for the elite clubs , so they can have their 12 team competition . The rest is just collateral damage of that decision . Not one person can say how the lower tiers are actually going to pan out - not on a showy presentation but in practice . It's a sad day, we now have a structure in our game that is too complex to either understand or explain . Well done. , hope your 12 team league is worth all the damage and hassle you've caused . I really like this league we're in , and it's even simple to understand ... Better enjoy it while it's here . Good luck working out what comes next ...

Edited by DavidM, 17 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#50 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Been more simple to just have 3 leagues of 10 and the rest in the bottom league one up one down right across the board

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Well nothing could be any less simple !

#52 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

Be interesting the 2 teams that get relegated will have a bigger cash payment from sky not a level playing field whatever way it goes theres gonna be 4 good teams ending up in the basement next year

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

I was wondering what role Sky played in this . They're the paymaster , they must be backing this to.

#54 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Should be same money for all clubs in our league no parachute payments we get pittance compared to SL

#55 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Just another way of achieving their goal of killing the game outside SL

#56 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

The very fact that ALL the Super League clubs voted unanimously for this structure should tell us Championship clubs something!!!!    

At the end of this season 2 clubs will drop down to this league (SL2) with a parachute payment.    The top four in this league (SL2) will receive payments of £650k, £600k, £550k, and £500k.    It is not rocket science to grasp that those 6 clubs will be able to recruit better quality players than the rest of us in this league and therefore it will be four of those six who will be taking on the bottom four SL clubs, all on £1.3 million funding to try to get in to SL1 for the following season.

All the cards are packed in favour of the four Super League clubs (then the 2 that come down with parachute payments).   Sure they have brought back P & R,  -  in their minds only.     I can understand maybe Fev wanting this and believing that they could be one of the four because of their millionaire backer, etc, but the big question for all the other Championship clubs who have supported this is WHY?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#57 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Good question ... What's our answer by the way ?

#58 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

How much funding would Town get if they a, finished in the top 9 or b, finished outside (which would be an absolute disaster) the top 9? Does anyone know?

#59 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

The top four get what I posted in an earlier post - £650k down to £500k.     The 5th placed I believe get £250k then it drops down by about £12.5k per position and the bottom team (12th) gets £150k, which is £60k more than all Championship clubs get now.

This could have happened without the ludicrous splitting in to 3 leagues of 8 teams.   A simple 2 leagues of 12 with 1 team relegated and 1 team promoted would have served the purpose for what was needed.

I believe teams in Championship 1 will get about £75k.

Edited by Keith T, 17 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#60 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Well if the minimum that a club is going to be better off is 60k compared to now, that is why it is being voted in by the chairmen outside of the probable candidates for promotion.
At the end of the day they have reintroduced P&R albeit in a very diluted form which is what everyone was crying out for. And let's face it many clubs are looking more to survive and consolidate than push for SL, so the extra 60k isn't to be sniffed at especially if it was put to them that this was the only deal on the table. As it isn't a closed shop anymore the RFL can pat themselves on the back for a job well done and the chairmen who's clubs are on the verge of dying can also sleep at night for a while longer.

I can't say I think it's a good idea because I don't and I think the RFL like change for the sake of it. It's done now do it should be left alone now to see if it can work and the RFL should start listening to Mr Koukash about concentrating on growing the game and attracting sponsors.
Doing away with the salary cap would be a start that wouldn't cost them a bean so the likes of Salford and Wigan etc can bring the stars of RL back to these shores and make the competition more attractive to sponsors.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users