Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

New players

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#81 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Be good to get another prop but i thought rowlandson did very well at haven, was taken three or four to bring him down ,and made one good break that nearly led to a try.

#82 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Be good to get another prop but i thought rowlandson did very well at haven, was taken three or four to bring him down ,and made one good break that nearly led to a try.

Yeah I agree he did very well all the young lads did

#83 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

He did very well abu.   He looked a big rawboned lad with a lot of potential and I'm sure with the right coaching will be a success in our game.   He put a very experienced prop (Jackson) on his backside on one hit-up and as you say it was taking 3 or 4 to stop him.    If he can develop a useful offload he will do very well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#84 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

sussed out after two runs apparently and didn't last very long. Our regular haven visitor obviously watched the game through CB&G glasses as usual. Gonna take more tham wigan kids to sort us out and we should be worried lol. Same old deluded ones

#85 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:28 PM

Callum done quite well on his 1st couple of runs when he came on but tired pretty quickly ,never really ran onto a ball like an experienced rugby league prop does. Its a shame thacks wasnt around to teach him a few tricks. I think being in and around the squad will bring him on massively, but I see him more for the following season and being more a squad player this year as back up to shacks, mcavoy, coward and our new loan prop.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#86 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Does anyone know if the surposed loan players  or new  signings will be in the team to play WIGAN,would be good if we new as i think it could had a few more fans to the gate.

#87 Aubrey Boyce

Aubrey Boyce
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Not even mystic meg know who's signing but it could be the chuckle brothers with all this TO ME TO YOU going on with direct messaging

#88 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Not sure about playing for Town but they're playing for Wigan today.

#89 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Yeah.very few first teamers in today. Must be saving the first team next week!!

#90 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

NOW Aubrey all of us town fans have been keeping quiet about signing  the chuckle brothers ,now you have let it out of the bag the JAM are likely to beat us to it ha ha

#91 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

It seems as though our deluded neighbours are now starting to all het up about who might be signing for Town.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#92 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

It seems as though our deluded neighbours are now starting to all het up about who might be signing for Town.

I a read that, seems there getting there sticky knickers all in a twist, thing is tho, they prob know more than we do with all their inside info ;)

#93 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Under the new Review Document for the game there is a proposal on page 21, Paragraph 5.4.19 - http://media.therfl....tember 2013.pdf  that says that this season only 3 DR players are allowed each game.

Last season that was 5 DR or loan players per game.    With all the talk of loan players for us I just wonder how this affects us?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#94 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Can we have DR players in addition to the 3 loan players?

#95 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Can we have DR players in addition to the 3 loan players?

That's my question Geordie.   Last year it was 5 DR or 5 loanees or a combination of each up to 5 but the new proposal only talks about there being 3 DR in any game per week.

#96 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

It may be that you can only have 3 DR to prevent the Warrington/Swinton fiasco last season and you can have loan players from other clubs

#97 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

loans and DR are completely different i believe

#98 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Wheather it be loans or DR time is now getting on and its about time it was confirmed who we are having a DR with this season (or have I missed that) or the loan players deals are completed and announced. I am sure the BOD are working hard on deals but we are at the back end of january now its about time something was sorted in the best interests of the up and coming season.

#99 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Wheather it be loans or DR time is now getting on and its about time it was confirmed who we are having a DR with this season (or have I missed that) or the loan players deals are completed and announced. I am sure the BOD are working hard on deals but we are at the back end of january now its about time something was sorted in the best interests of the up and coming season.

if Toulouse do come in for the 2015 season the we HAVE to finish in the top 8 or we are back down in Championship 1 with some long journeys and poor crowds. On a thread on the main forum about who people think will be relegated, several people are saying the 3 Cumbrian clubs are amongst the favourites to go down!!!!

#100 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

However it pans out I for one have struggled to see the reasoning behind the strategy we've followed this preseason . It's either very high risk and controlled , or very foolhardy. Time will tell . And if loans do pile in to give us what we want is that a long term plan ? Haven't we criticised others for that . No one really knows what's going on , which invites criticism and conjecture , and as the season creeps ever closer , and the stakes ever more apparent , it tests your faith more and more . We need a big momentum boost for everyone's sake

Edited by DavidM, 22 January 2014 - 01:33 PM.