TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

SL cut to 12

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

there will also be 12 teams in the Championship and next season will see the 2 12,s split into 3 groups of 8 . Agreed this afternoon by SL clubs and clarified at the RFL meeting next week.Still not sure where it leaves us regarding promotion from champ 1.

Posted Image

#2 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

To be honest I think it leaves everyone playing for nothing this season. Going back to super league does anyone think London will be relegated?

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

i think London will be 100 % relegated this season along with Widnes or Bradford, looks like 5 down from the championship alongwith 1 up from champ 1 which hopefully will be us.

Posted Image

#4 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

i think London will be 100 % relegated this season along with Widnes or Bradford, looks like 5 down from the championship alongwith 1 up from champ 1 which hopefully will be us.

And why not wakey or cas??? They've took the pi*s for years
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

im going on the squads, both wakey and cas slightly stronger than bradford and widnes imo

Posted Image

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

I would put Wakefield in the mix after their woeful performance against Feth but lets see how they go against Huddersfield before I condemn them because of all the restructuring they have had to do. 

chappy

#7 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Firstly i'm shocked this got voted in by the super league clubs. Ok so promotion and relegation are back on the agenda but surely the criteria to get into the elite division will remain so as far as I can see only a handful of clubs would be capable then they have to qualify on the pitch. I still don't think London will be allowed to go down the same way the RFL WOULDN'T let them go bump despite it clearly failing to work as a club

#8 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

Its got to appear their expansion plans are working that's why they have protected the likes of London Broncos but I do think there is more chance of another French club doing well and adding to the expansion of a Anglo-French rivalry where the top teams in France compete against the top teams over here increasing interest when the two countries face each other similar to the origin games in Australia. Only set back there though is the influx of more second rate overseas players being drafted in so to avoid this the teams must be mostly made up of either British or French residents or passport holders with a set amount of southern hemisphere players allowed for each team. Thoughts please.

chappy

#9 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Its got to appear their expansion plans are working that's why they have protected the likes of London Broncos but I do think there is more chance of another French club doing well and adding to the expansion of a Anglo-French rivalry where the top teams in France compete against the top teams over here increasing interest when the two countries face each other similar to the origin games in Australia. Only set back there though is the influx of more second rate overseas players being drafted in so to avoid this the teams must be mostly made up of either British or French residents or passport holders with a set amount of southern hemisphere players allowed for each team. Thoughts please.

the big claim is that London are the best development club when it comes to bringing players through but yet this week they have signed overseas players despite only just coming out of admin. Who is paying for these players?

#10 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

would not surprise me one bit if the RFL where having some sort of involvement in keeping them solvent

chappy

#11 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

would not surprise me one bit if the RFL where having some sort of involvement in keeping them solvent

it would surprise me more if they were not

#12 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

imagine what could happen should the bulls go down there will be a few chairmen having sleepless nights but it well mean fantastic entertainment for neutrals because let's face it once teams know they can't make the play offs they slacken off knowing they can't get relegated

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

correct thats why P&R is the right way to go.

chappy

#14 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

correct thats why P&R is the right way to go.

I completely agree I just can't believe the timing of the announcement. This should have been sorted out months ago if not before the start of last season

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

I completely agree I just can't believe the timing of the announcement. This should have been sorted out months ago if not before the start of last season

You're right,it should but a group of clubs decided to walk out of meetings only to now vote in the proposals from the RFL.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#16 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

You're right,it should but a group of clubs decided to walk out of meetings only to now vote in the proposals from the RFL.

yes but these meetings took place during last season. You can't expect clubs to vote for re structuring half way through a season

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

yes but these meetings took place during last season. You can't expect clubs to vote for re structuring half way through a season

True but what puzzles me is why clubs who were so vocal against the RFL's proposal have now backed it.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#18 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

True but what puzzles me is why clubs who were so vocal against the RFL's proposal have now backed it.

puzzles me too I have my suspicions

#19 Mystic Meg

Mystic Meg
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

P & R is definately the way forward from a fan's viewpoint, but the RFL are concerned about the effect it would have attracting long-term sponsors, knowing that you could be relegated with a last minute drop goal...

#20 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

P & R is definately the way forward from a fan's viewpoint, but the RFL are concerned about the effect it would have attracting long-term sponsors, knowing that you could be relegated with a last minute drop goal...

in football you could be relegated by a dodgy suarez dive. That's sport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users