Getting to know you

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

A forum is a great place for pseudonyms and aliases and I know many people on here are friends and accomplices.

But not everyone knows each other, so how about we get to know each other a little better? Just a quick sentence will suffice...

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#2 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

I'm chris, for everyone who doesn't know. Southstander!

#3 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,499 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Townie were are u sausage

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hi my names Phillipe and I run a tanning salon and massage palour in shawcross. BSJ and Coolie are my best customers.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

And here's me thinking you and coolie was the chuckle brothers piggys mate !

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Hi my name is Trevor I'm a pre-op transsexual,I'm into cake decoration,badminton but my main addiction is flower arranging and I'm married to Piggys Mate... Because I love short stout men with comb overs

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Im the Equalizer,i am the God of Hell Fire 

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

And you told me you weren't married last night in bed coolie. :angry:

Edited by grumpyoldram, 18 January 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

And you told me you weren't married last night in bed coolie. :angry:

that two timing swine! He's all yours GOR

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

If it's a choice between old wrinkly men or small stout ones with comb overs

Piggys Mate everytime

And we can share underwear ;)

#11 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'm jimmy south stander footlomg or inch long or whatever my call me haha :)

#12 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Chris and Sheila Osbaldeston, also known as Ossy and his missus. Some of the previous posts on this topic not only reflect the reasons why I stopped doing match reports, but also why I don't post on here very often these days. This is supposed to be a forum where supporters of Dewsbury Rams RLFC can not only keep up with events, but also demonstrate  their support for both the club and the players. Too often of late however it's become a place where so called fans of the game I've loved for the past 56 years can exchange insults with supporters of opposing clubs.

Big mistake! If we don't stop exchanging insults, and start working together, our game will be dead in a matter of years, so get your act together!  

Edited by Ossy, 18 January 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Chris and Sheila Osbaldeston, also known as Ossy and his missus. Some of the previous posts on this topic not only reflect the reasons why I stopped doing match reports, but also why I don't post on here very often these days. This is supposed to be a forum where supporters of Dewsbury Rams RLFC can not only keep up with events, but also demonstrate  their support for both the club and the players. Too often of late however it's become a place where so called fans of the game I've loved for the past 56 years can exchange insults with supporters of opposing clubs.

Big mistake! If we don't stop exchanging insults, and start working together, our game will be dead in a matter of years, so get your act together!  

You're right Ossy - fans never used to exchange insults before t'internet.

I blame the RFL!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

You're right Ossy - fans never used to exchange insults before t'internet.

I blame the RFL!

Of course we exchanged insults BSJ, that's always been part of our game, but it was face to face on the terraces, and over a pint or two when the game was over,  not on a forum inviting supporters to introduce themselves.

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ossy - My names Mike, I love my club, I love my town, I love the game, and I apologise if I'm one of the posters who have driven you off the forum. I enjoy the more light hearted banter on here, but I don't have any time for spite, malevolence or mud slinging, on here or anywhere else. When I turned the news on this morning a three year old has been murdered by his mother, three Brits have been murdered in various parts of the world, paedophiles are still crawling out of the woodwork and England are being pasted by the Ausies at cricket again - it's a dark world out there. My own particular defence against the depressing events going on around me is to try and take a light hearted view of everything that is important in my own particular space, hopefully without causing offence.

I have always enjoyed your contributions Ossy, so it's disappointing that you are no longer a regular poster - I hope you return to the fray on a regular basis. Don't know about swapping insults on the terraces though, there are games when the nearest supporter is twenty yards away, and as for post match pints - well there's hardly anybody left in my local to swap anything with let alone insults. Sorry again.

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Ossy - My names Mike, I love my club, I love my town, I love the game, and I apologise if I'm one of the posters who have driven you off the forum. I enjoy the more light hearted banter on here, but I don't have any time for spite, malevolence or mud slinging, on here or anywhere else. When I turned the news on this morning a three year old has been murdered by his mother, three Brits have been murdered in various parts of the world, paedophiles are still crawling out of the woodwork and England are being pasted by the Ausies at cricket again - it's a dark world out there. My own particular defence against the depressing events going on around me is to try and take a light hearted view of everything that is important in my own particular space, hopefully without causing offence.
I have always enjoyed your contributions Ossy, so it's disappointing that you are no longer a regular poster - I hope you return to the fray on a regular basis. Don't know about swapping insults on the terraces though, there are games when the nearest supporter is twenty yards away, and as for post match pints - well there's hardly anybody left in my local to swap anything with let alone insults. Sorry again.

Couldn't agree more grumpy

Worlds in a desperate place
and if I come on here and make one person laugh and a hundreds wee week's off

My contribution I feel is worthwhile
as its a start... Before long 2 people will laugh...people have forgotten humour and it's been battered out of them by the P.C brigade... Wooo ya can't do that,ya can't say that... You'll upset someone.

To laugh at others is a human touch
but also to ridicule others you have to accept ridicule yourself.

The outside world is far too serious
So when logging on here close the door to the normal... And let yourself go a little

Yes the forum seems to be on its backside
Only because people have stopped talking weather serious discussions or light hearted banter.

The forum is lacking rugby to talk about,it's close season friendlies just ain't got going yet and the game is in a stage of "what it's"

I'm confident in a couple of months time.... Rugby will be the foremost topic.

#17 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Ossy - My names Mike,.

Oh no it can't be......

it is isn't it.....

Your surnames Hunt isn't it :lol:

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,275 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Oh no it can't be......

it is isn't it.....

Your surnames Hunt isn't it :lol:

That was our erstwhile second row/prop/temporary coach from the Crown Flatt days actually who was strangely not mentioned in the History of DRLC book.

GDFU will remember if no-one else can.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

That's me - still got the limp from my days as a top Wakey winger...........

Nah just kidding :D

#20 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

Or was that Ernie ? :sclerosis:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users