Team for 2014

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Who would be our 1st choice 1-13 for the coming season?

#2 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

My guess is 1. Whitehead 2. Agoro 3. Cookson 4. Wood 5. Bloomfield 6. Palfrey 7.robinson 8.boults 9. Gee 10.joy 11. Crowley 12. Langtree 13. Hobson that be my starting 13

#3 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Pretty much same as OOTR execept i would give Neildy a chance at FB and Joy is hurt so Paddy Mooney to start at Prop, Whitehead,Whitty,Wardy and Thommo on the bench.

#4 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Dual reg to continue but bet that ford n files will go to swinton. Joy should be ok he got 6 wks to get right now but would like a bit of experience in front row tbh an experienced head to guide the young lads n do the hard yards

#5 roughyed8

roughyed8
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

Dual reg to continue but bet that ford n files will go to swinton. Joy should be ok he got 6 wks to get right now but would like a bit of experience in front row tbh an experienced head to guide the young lads n do the hard yards

Swinton have a dual reg agreement with Warrington so hopefully the Salford agreement will continue and they will be back in oldham shirts .

#6 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Koukash replied to me on Twitter that dual reg would continue with Oldham but can see Salford loaning players to swinton as they have just 15 contracted at the moment

#7 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:34 AM

This dual reg situation is a joke. We should just sign our squad and pick from our own players.

#8 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

I thought we handled the duel reg ok last year. Apart from the first game at Crusaders. We effectively had the DR players on long term loan rather than in and out at Salford's insistence. As long as we can have players who build a rapport with the rest of the squad and want to play for the team as Ford did then I'm ok with it. However if Salford start to dictate then I'm not.

#9 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Totally agree with you there TAOHAF , worked very well for us last season, imho the way Oldham dealt with dual reg was the way i hoped DR would be ,not just putting super league injury comeback players in ala Swinton, Fordy and Files and the rest of the DR/Loan players played there hearts out for us and wanted to stay if it was possible for this season.If we do use DR that way i will be happy with that.

#10 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Think with only 20 players we have maybe 5 spots to fill in the squad id like to get another prop in again, mason n haggerty came in just at right time last season and for me its an area we could do with more options. I said to you Roughyed34 last season we needed an out and out 7 and glad we got that. Lets go Roughyeds bring on the season

#11 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Aye you did, i agree an experienced prop wouldnt do us any harm at all, could do with some cover at wing/centre too in case of any mishaps. The back row,hooker and loose look pretty well covered in the pack .Maybe a utilty back to cover all bases, sure Nobby and the gang will have it under control, would seem a bit dangerous to run with a squad of 20, i would expect a few to come in pal

#12 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 700 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

heard a rumour that we are going to DR with Leigh

#13 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Got to agree with the above posts regarding the starting 13, DR players and, most importantly, the need for at least one and possibly two big, experienced props.  The vast majority of the previous winners of our league have always had a big experienced front row/pack which included at least one enforcer. 

Think that a little experience to guide our young lads will go a long way if we are going to gain promotion. The lads we have kept on learned a tremendous amount on the back of last season but a couple of big old campaigners could just be the difference this year if we can get them.

Looking forward to the season now!

Edited by Tony Mac, 20 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#14 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Got to agree with the above posts regarding the starting 13, DR players and, most importantly, the need for at least one and possibly two big, experienced props.  The vast majority of the previous winners of our league have always had a big experienced front row/pack which included at least one enforcer. 

Think that a little experience to guide our young lads will go a long way if we are going to gain promotion. The lads we have kept on learned a tremendous amount on the back of last season but a couple of big old campaigners could just be the difference this year if we can get them.

Looking forward to the season now!

Agree 100% with you Tony. Would love to see a couple of big experienced props added to the squad but looking around I don't see anyone available. But with Nobby's contacts who knows. Would also love to see Files and Ford back if possible.

#15 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Agree 100% with you Tony. Would love to see a couple of big experienced props added to the squad but looking around I don't see anyone available. But with Nobby's contacts who knows. Would also love to see Files and Ford back if possible.

Hi Tosh

With you on Ford and Files - they were both very good DR players for us and would love to see them back for this season.

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#16 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Dont panic Mr Mainwaring! The cavalry might be arriving soon :) http://www.oldham-ch...ts-on-new-faces

#17 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

Disappointing to lose Gilchrist especially to Hornets we need some power in the forwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users