promotion to SL

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

Now we know the format, who do you think the eight will be in our section, top 4 to go up. Mine in the Championship: Fev, Sheffield,Halifax and Leigh. The bottom four to compete in our 8 from the Sl: Bradford, London Broncos, Wakefield and Cas.
Top four at the end: Fev, Wakey, Sheffield, Cas. What games to come. Hope we have no snage in our Championship games in 2014.

#2 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Remember there will have to be 2 to drop down from SL to Championship at the end of this season first before the new format kicks in in 2015. So if, say, London and Wakefield were the bottom two in SL this year, they will be amongst the clubs trying to get in the Championship top four in 2015.

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Now we know the format, who do you think the eight will be in our section, top 4 to go up. Mine in the Championship: Fev, Sheffield,Halifax and Leigh. The bottom four to compete in our 8 from the Sl: Bradford, London Broncos, Wakefield and Cas.
Top four at the end: Fev, Wakey, Sheffield, Cas. What games to come. Hope we have no snage in our Championship games in 2014.

Perhaps that needs a bit more thought as 2 teams will be coming down at end of this season. So the top four in the Championship will have those two teams in competition. So we could have Bronco's and Bradord with us for start of 2015.  Plenty of food for thought there.. Obviously my ealier selection needs modifying. Who do you think the teams will be in the promotion contender eight? 

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

In effect we could have 6 teams who are in SL now in our eight. The two demoted when the SL goes down to 12 and the bottom four at the end of the fixtures before the teams split into eights. That means very hard work for the Championship teams wanting to be in the top four. But what a competition.

#5 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

what's the clubs stance on the new format ?? or would the board have gone for two up two down

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

what's the clubs stance on the new format ?? or would the board have gone for two up two down

At a fans forum it was once discussed and Mark said he preferred the 2x12 then 8 split if you get my drift

Edited by Maureen T-k, 18 January 2014 - 08:10 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#7 henage

henage
  • Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

would make it interesting if one(or more) of the top clubs struggled and got into a dog fight to avoid relegation

#8 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

I think it could be hard for the 2 relegated teams to compete in the championship in 2015 the ones that are in it now know how to run there clubs in the championship the relegated teams will lose a lot of players and have to build a championship team but the best championship players will be signed up unles they get some extra money when they come down to keep who they have got

Edited by jt, 18 January 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#9 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

It's going to be difficult to call no doubt. Even when we know who will be relegated, surely there is to be a cap change and which teams will be able to accordingly?

#10 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Already got more people talking on here than there has been recently. Might actually make SL interesting to watch. Like someone said will be a massive battle to avoid 9th spot.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#11 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

the 2 teams dropping down get a 250k parachute payment

#12 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

So bottom four at end offirst set of rounds played in SL 2015 into the eights. Two down from S:L to Championship end of 2014 . So who will be the top four in the championship before the splits into eight. If the two relegated SL clubs get into our league's top four then we will have 6 S:L clubs in our eight (if we qualify) for four places in SL. If the relegated teams keep their personnel due to parachute payments being received it will be hard to come out on top or finish in the top four. Lets hope we are geared up for it.

#14 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Where has it said this?

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Where has it said this?

They're just proposals for now.

Doesn't mean it won't happen, obviously.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#16 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

But those 2 clubs will have players on full time contracts for the 2015 season which have already been signed. They will want the same money from the RFL as they are getting now. Don't forget they will also probably have 5? Overseas players in their squads whereas Championship teams can only have 1.

#17 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

But those 2 clubs will have players on full time contracts for the 2015 season which have already been signed. They will want the same money from the RFL as they are getting now. Don't forget they will also probably have 5? Overseas players in their squads whereas Championship teams can only have 1.

Tough.  They shouldn't have been so presumptuous.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#18 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

The fact is they wont get what they get now....they will no longer be super league clubs !!! It states in the RFL document that they will get a 250k parachute payment.....this will fall in line with the increased payments being given to the top 4 championship clubs at the end of this season.

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I know it will be a shock for who ever is relegated but the championship Chairman need to tell the RFL that there is not one rule for them and another for the rest of us we all need to be on the same rules. The split at the end of the season will be hard enough without to championship clubs having different rules to the rest

#20 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

The fact is they wont get what they get now....they will no longer be super league clubs !!! It states in the RFL document that they will get a 250k parachute payment.....this will fall in line with the increased payments being given to the top 4 championship clubs at the end of this season.

Which document is this? I understood the financial aspects of this matter had not been discussed by the clubs, as stated in today's League express.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users